$300 to repair Dishwasher

retired

Premium Member
We have a Ultra Quiet I Frigidaire Dishwashwer about 2 years old. The drain pump stopped raining the water. called an aplliance repair. This guy says he wil have to replace the motor and gavean estimate of $300. WTF? New Drain Pump motors are at the most $75 new. I think this guy is full of crap. It only takes 10 minutes to take the 2 screws out and the 3 inch hose, and the 2 wires and R&R it. I can't believe this guy blatantly tired this crap. usually these appliance service don't lie but this guy was ful of crap. I think he is trying ot pul a fast one and replace the main pump and the drain pump too. The main pump that pumps the water and washwer and rinses works just fine. It is only the drain pump that went bad. Also there is nothing stuck in there, the motor is just seaizing and to top it off it is only about 2 years old. This frigidaire is a piece of garbage terrible horrible (lack or quality) Fridaitre should be ashamed of making Crap!

and the audacity to charge $75 for this crappy little drain pump and ehn this fool trying to charge $300!

1-800-appliance sent this clown over.

Can buy a new one for a few bucks more!

Crooks and clueless.

and hte Frigidaire quality is ve3ry very very bad non-existant. The door springs are crap too they break and are made so cheap they can't handly this littke light cheap door.

I hope other wil see this and not buy frigidaire and not get ripped off by this appliance repair company that is trying to rip us off.

I am not raging on appliance repair service people, the board owners and and visitors, just telling my bad experience.

retired

Premium Member
I fixed it, I took the drain pump and poked around inside the impeller. I found a small pice of plastic.. it looks like it did not belong there. it was probably not a part from the dishwasher.... in any case, I removed it. Looks like it is fixed.. if you want something doe right, do it yourself..

BTW I do not own the dishwasher, the landlord does. I just saved him some money and I don't have to wait 3 weeks while the homeowner is away on vacation.

The dishwashwer is a total piece of crap really badly built. I can gop on about the different parts on it like bad springs and spring mounts and more... lots more..

$300.... dumb ass repairman... didn't even bother to pay attention...

probably an illegal...

retired

Premium Member
I wonder if someone wil take offense.. don't worry, but this dishwashwer is a real bpiece of crap, we build crap here and have to buy stuff from other countries... and the repair guy was a freaking moron...

:eek:

pauly383

Premium Member
Wonder where that plastic came from , bread tie maybe ?

And as for the technician . He has to buy the part , drive it over , and install it . Most of his profit is split with the gentleman who pays for the yellow page ad and the other business related expenses , the same man that gave him the service call to run . Is that man not allowed to make any money for his family ?