Thread: Kenmore 80 series electric dryer no heat

Default Kenmore 80 series electric dryer no heat

Model Number: 110.C62832101
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I see a lot of these 80 series electrics on here with the same 'no heat' symptom. Whats up with these -cheap? I have checked the thermal cutouts and the element tests good. It looks like a simple machine but I cant jump anything to get the element heating. I have hydro to the element on both sides so I know that 240vac are going through it. Is there a ground fuse or relay somewhere not allowing the hydro to make continuity back to the common? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks -Troy

Hi,

I have hydro to the element on both sides so I know that 240vac are going through it
    Only 240 volts AC measure across the two element terminals is proper power. Has power to the dryer been checked?

A copy:

Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating?
    A - Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:
    - house fuse or breaker ( needs two of them ), heating element, burnt wire, thermostat(s), thermal fuse ( not all models ), motor heat switch, timer, selector switch, burnt power cord/plug.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid
    Yeah I've got O.C.D.....Old, Cranky and Dangerous.
    Tip of the day, set your Samsung Smart Fridge to a foreign language so Google can't spy on you!!

the element shows lows resistance on my meter, the thermal fuses are closed, power at outlet, power at timer etc... I've checked what I can but can't find a fault. Again, is there a relay or something that controls power after the element?
    Thanks -Troy

power at outlet
    What was the readings?

Again, is there a relay or something that controls power after the element?
    ?Again?
    Canadain models are not online, the diagram is/in on the dryer. Normally one line comes through the motor heat switch to the element, other line goes through the timer, thermostats, selector switch ( if used ) to the other side of the element.

A copy:

If you have no power at the heating element, remove power, remove wires to the
    heating element and isolate them so that they can't touch anything. Reinstall
    power and check each wire for power from the wire to the dryer
    cabinet
    , one wire will probably show 120 volts and the other will show zero. Make note of
    the
    color or # of the wire that has no power, remove power to the dryer and check the wiring diagram that comes with
    the dryer to find out where that color or # wire goes to.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid
    Yeah I've got O.C.D.....Old, Cranky and Dangerous.
    Tip of the day, set your Samsung Smart Fridge to a foreign language so Google can't spy on you!!

Thanks Jeff good advice exactly what I'm after I will check later this afternoon. Again, thanks -Troy

Fixed -I found an open on the thermal fuse above the element -figures it was the one I didn't check