• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 363.58042891 Kenmore Side By Side intermittently makes short buzzing sound

strfkr

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,
I have a Kenmore side by side fridge that works fine but it has been making an intermittent buzzing sound lately.
It started out making the noise every once in a while but has become more frequent over the last few weeks. It now occurs about every 30 or 45 minutes and lasts for about 7-10 seconds.
There are no signs that anything else is wrong. Freezer and fridge are both cold. The motor and/or compressor do not sound any different.

Any ideas?

strfkr

Premium Member
ps
It has an ice maker but it is not hooked up to a water source.

Not sure how old the fridge is but it is probably close to 10 years old.

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Refrigeration Noise - Buzzing

Buzzing Noises

If the refrigerator has an ice maker but is not connected to a water supply, the water valve will make a buzzing or clicking sound as it tries to fill the ice maker.
Check that the ice maker is turned off if the refrigerator is not connected to a water supply.

To turn the Ice Maker Off

The On/Off switch for the ice maker is a wire shutoff arm located on the side of the ice maker.

strfkr

Premium Member
That was it.
I had a feeling it had to do with the ice maker. Seems that the arm was jammed under the ice maker.
I think I am just going to remove the ice maker since the fridge is no where near a water source.

Thanks a lot for the help.