• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

363.59575990 Kenmore side by side Refrigerator - Water to door goes to icemaker

msossaman

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
363.59575990 Kenmore side by side

When sliding selector switch to select water and pressing the pressure switch to receive water to door the water goes to icemaker instead of door. This is causing the icemaker to flood and water flows out of ice bin and comes out of door area at the selector switch/fresh water area. The ice maker seems to be working fine as long as the fresh water dispenser is not used. When I received it the fridge the ice bin was a solid block of ice. After removing the ice block the icemaker works fine.

The image below is not from my model but appears to be a good representation of what I understand it to look like. This is a used fridge so I'm not 100% sure there hasn't been any modifications. I asked and was told it did work then stopped and he didn't have it repaired. I haven't been able to come up with any manuals / diagrams for this model but looking at the diagram below it shows the water lines are separated at the water inlet before going to icemaker and dispenser. The only ideas I come up with is the water inlet is receiving power to the icemaker solenoid when the fresh water switch is pressed and when the icemaker request water as well meaning electrical issue. Or could the water inlet itself be the issue? I guess its time to break out a Multi meter, anyone have an electrical diagram ?

Thanks! Any thoughts are appreciated!

1629906292147.jpeg

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 22

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram of that model to see how it is designed. There are only 2 possibilities I can think of off the top of my head:

1. There is a short in the wiring to the water valves and the icemaker side of the water valve is being powered at the same time as the water dispenser side of the water valve is being powered. (That's pretty rare on anything other than a Frigidaire built refrigerator.)

LINK > How does a water fill valve work?

2. The icemaker side of the water fill valve is stuck open and whenever the secondary water valve opens (like when activated for the dispenser) water is allowed to flow to the icemaker unimpeded, at the same time. In that case the water fill valve assembly (see the following links) would usually need to be replaced to correct the occurrence.

LINK > 363.59575990 Water Fill Valve Asm. # WR57X10013 (no pic)

LINK > WR49X10043 Water Fill Valve Asm. (substitute for # WR57X10013 - with pic and video)

Dan O.

msossaman

Premium Member
Thanks for your response, That's the only possibilities i come up with and i appreciate your thoughts. I have been enjoying the icemaker working at the cabin but I'm still intent on having it all working. I will get a good look at the part this weekend and test with a meter to see if i get power to icemaker when using the water switch. if that checks out i'll order a water valve.

Thanks!!

msossaman

Premium Member
I took a look at the water valve and determined someone has moved the water lines around and placed the icemaker on the single valve (primary) due to the dual valves (Secondary) having issues. I'm going to research a little and see if i can come up with a cheaper alternative fix before replacing with the 180 dollar part since i see so many valves around the 20 dollar range.

Thanks!

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Here is your wiring diagram.

Attachments

• 31-51201 GE Kenmore 363.59575990 Refrigerator Mini Manual.pdf
    202.8 KB · Views: 17