• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

363.9557720 Leak at water inlet

PennStan

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Noticed water on floor under fridge. No problems with making ice or water through door. Traced it to inlet valve. Did not see leak at inlet connection. Removed hose to icemaker then noticed water dripping from outside of entire valve/solenoid fixture. Removed valve and examined and found nothing obvious. Is it possible for something to crack on the casing? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Update - connected water line and water did drip from outside of unit. When light just right, also saw very thin spray. So I could say case closed, but won't until new installed and confirmed.

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like new fill valve time...

Water-Inlet-Valve-WR57X10051-00893191.jpg Dual water inlet valve kit. Manufacturer Number WR57X10051

jeff.

PennStan

Premium Member
Put that exact part in and appears to be no problems. One issue with the new part is that it sits in the appliance more than the original and I had to trim some of the plastic and bend the copper line some. Thanks.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
One issue with the new part is that it sits in the appliance more than the original and I had to trim some of the plastic and bend the copper line some

Yupper, it is a "newer" version of the original one.
"Some assembly required" ;)

jeff.