• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

401.85053210 Magnetron buzzing when the microwave isn't in use

anoriega211

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me identify what part I need to order to fix this. Just tonight our microwave started buzzing while it wasn't in use. Works fine if we put something in to warm it up, but the magnetron keeps buzzing after the microwave's timer finished counting down. If I open the door, the buzzing stops so I'm guessing the door switch is ok.

In another thread for a similar issue I saw that replacing the power control board was recommended. But I'm not finding a part with the same name on appliancepartspros or on searspartsdirect. Can anyone help point me to the part I need to replace? Or am I better off replacing the entire microwave?

Thank you,
Andres

anoriega211

Premium Member
Would this be the part I need to replace?

searspartsdirect.com/part-number/DE92-02329A/0022/401.html?modelNumber=40185053210&categoryName=Microwave/Hood%20Combo&brandName=KENMORE

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Probably, remove the screws from the control panel and just let it hang down and see if that's where it's coming from.

Here it is from AppliancePartsPros too: DE92-02329A Assy Pcb Main