Thread: KitchenAid Dishwasher starts, stops, start button blinks continuously

Default KitchenAid Dishwasher starts, stops, start button blinks continuously

Model Number: KUDI02IRBL1
    Brand: KitchenAid

Hello Jake! Long time no speak. Jnicosia here, I hope my guide on changing the bearings on the Frigidaire front load washers is still driving lots of traffic to your awesome website.

Say, I am tying to fix a KitchenAid dishwasher model KUDI02IRBL1. Symptom is that it starts, then stops in 5 mins or less. Start button just blinks and blinks. Tech sheet is missing. I tried the diagnostic mode (normal-heated dry-normal-heated dry) and it seems to run diagnostics and starts a wash cycle. Since I do not have the tech sheet and cannot find a copy online, I cannot say how long diag should run and where the error codes come from. Cancel/drain seems to work fine.

> Do you have a tech sheet with error codes for this model ?

> Based on some of the other forum entries for similar models, do you think this is a bad touch-pad ?

Thank you Sir !!

Hi jnicosia,

Yes, long time no see, how ya been?

I think you and Jeff are the only ones that still come around since we opened the forum in 2004.

Hello Jake! Long time no speak. Jnicosia here, I hope my guide on changing the bearings on the Frigidaire front load washers is still driving lots of traffic to your awesome website.
    Yes, I can't thank you enough for that, 151,000 views.

I located a tech data sheet very close to that model, I'm attaching it below.

Based on some of the other forum entries for similar models, do you think this is a bad touch-pad ?
    Yes, whenever any buttons just blink then its a bad control panel touchpad assembly.

Here's the control panel touchpad assembly for that model you can order:
    Touchpad and Control Panel 8572345 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Let us know how it goes.

Jake
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hey Jake,

I wanted to share the good news. The control panel was the root cause of the issue. I did also find broken handle when I got it apart to change the control panel. The broken handle was not allowing the door lock to function correctly so it was still not starting. Ordered the new handle and installed it with the new control panel and my friend is doing dishes again for the first time in 3 months !!! Thanks again for your advice.

Excellent jnicosia, good job.

Here's the Latch handle for your model in case others with this same model need it:
    Door Handle 8269117 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts