• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

417.29052991 Kenmore Front Loader Washer - Need help with leaking tub to drain hose

Eddie_E

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I had a piece of duct tape block the tub-to-pump hose to the drain pump. I removed the hose, cleared the blockage. No tears, or punctures found on the hose. I reattached the hose with the original clamps. A few seconds after I start a wash cycle and the tub is filling with water, I get a small, leak from the top of the hose, just above the clamp. I can't tell if the leak is higher up and in the rear (no room to see or feel). I have the clamp as tight as it will go and it is properly seated around the tub inlet. I don't see any cause for a gap. I don’t want to tighten too much more and damage the hose since it appears fine. Why is it leaking?
For an almost exact visual of the hose, see this Youtube video - starting at 5:00 to 5:42 on, for the clamp that the leak is coming from. It is leaking from the lowest point of the top hose just above the clamp screw on the left side.

Two related questions:
1) Should water be even getting into the tub-to-pump hose during the start of a cycle and the water entering the tub?

2) The hose is full of water after I run the drain part of the cycle to empty the tub and end the cycle. Shouldn’t the drain pump empty all water from all points before it (before the drain pump inlet), including the tub and tub-to-pump hose? I would expect some residual water in the drain hose from the back end (outlet) of the drain pump out to the drain but not before it.

Let me know if more info is needed. I haven’t a diagram that I’ve found online for your reference yet. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
1) Yes.
2) No.

You need to tighten the hose clamp super tight, don't worry you won't damage anything.

Here's the tub to pump hose for your model:
131784700 Hose

Jake

Eddie_E

Premium Member
Hi Jake / Anyone Else,
My mother was in the hospital and rehab for the last 6 weeks. I am just getting back to this.

I tightened the clamp as much as it will go. It slowed the start of the leak, but it is still there. I appreciate any suggestions.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's all I know to tell you to do, sorry.

Jake

Eddie_E

Premium Member
I'll pull the hose off and re-examine it. Maybe there is a very fine tear or break that I didn't see the first examination. If it's good, and if I got another tub-to-pump hose, would I run into the same problem? Do you think it could be the inlet from the tub into the hose? I'll examine that for any cracks or breaks. I can't imagine it's the clamp since it does tighten down. Should I get a new clamp as well?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, order the hose and a new clamp.

Here's the clamp for your model:
frigidaire-clamp-134737300-ap3963838_01_l.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake