417.43142300 no high speed spin

bengineer

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi, I have a Sears Kenmore 417.43142300 front loader, no high speed spin. Everything else is fine, it will do a final spin, but not longer kicks into the super high spin at the end of the final spin cycle. Any advice would be most helpful, thank you!

Ben

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ben,

Read here: [FIXED] Frigidaire Gallery Front Loader Washers - NO HIGH SPEED SPIN - READ THIS FIRST!

Kenmore 417 models are made by Frigidaire.

If you can use a voltage meter, remove the front access panel. There is a test connector. Simply insert your black and red testing needles into the receptacle. If there is voltage during the spin cycle, this is bad. Replace your door lock and latch. If there is no voltage, the door lock is not your problem.
Look for that test connector where your door latch assembly is.

Here's the door latch assembly for your model:
131763256 Door lock and switch assembly

Let us know what you find.

Jake

bengineer

Premium Member
417 no high speed spin

Hi Jake, thanks for your help. I can't seem to pull my rubber boot off, is it cemented in place? Also, I don't see the test connector, is it behind a panel somewhere? This machine is was purchased late 2003, so perhaps things are different on this one?

Sorry for all the questions!

Ben

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, on some of these older models the door boot gasket is glued in place.

Watch the video in the part link below.

Here's the door boot assembly for your model(Video Included):
5303937187 Door Boot Kit

I access it from the top, just take the top panel off your washer, then you can pull it up after you unmount it from the front.

Take the top off then put your arm down into the front inside panel and you will be able to reach it with your hand.

Jake

bengineer

Premium Member
Hi Jake, does this model washer have the test connector like you mentioned in the link:

If you can use a voltage meter, remove the front access panel. There is a test connector. Simply insert your black and red testing needles into the receptacle. If there is voltage during the spin cycle, this is bad. Replace your door lock and latch. If there is no voltage, the door lock is not your problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure your model has that test connector.

Look for that test connector where your door latch assembly is.:)

Jake