• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

417.48112701 Kenmore Washer Bearing need replacing

Flash3102

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a kenmore front load model 417 that started making this loud noise when it was on fast spin and was also not draining all the water out. I clean the drain and filter and still did the same thing. So it sounds like I need to replace the bearings on the drum and appliancespartspros.com said that you have to buy the drum completely, that you cant buy the bearing separately.

The new drum with bearings is $377 but I found the inner and outer bearings with the seal that are made for that model (I thought) for about $75. So is it true you have to buy the entire drum or can I just find the bearings and seal, just somewhere else?

Attachments

• Kenmoore.mov
    5.2 MB · Views: 38

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if you can get the bearings separately that would be fine. But the problem could also be the inner drum spider arm support brackets have cracked or broken causing that noise.

You'd need to take the washer completely apart to check the rear outer tub bearing and inner drum spider arm support brackets. There has been many issues with both.

Here's the inner drum for your model below, and the spider arm support bracket is shown in the part photo below as well, its the 3 arm brackets in the back of the inner drum. It only comes with the inner drum assembly.

Here's the inner drum assembly for your model that includes the spider arm support bracket:
Inner Tub 137105900

If your spider arm support bracket looks fine with no corrosion or it being cracked/broken, then you'd need the rear outer tub assembly which includes a new bearing already installed in it.

Here's the rear outer tub assembly for your model:
Rear Drum with Bearing 134509510

Here's the videos to show you how:

Jake