417.81100003 Kenmore elite runs for 2 minutes then throws error code ef1

Kyle Blessing

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
hello I got this dryer from my father he gave it to me and said to try and fix it and if I could I could have it. So it runs for around 2 minutes and then shuts off I’m at my wits end seeing as I’ve replaced thermister, heating element, thermal limiter # 137032600, high limit thermostat # 3204267, thermal limiter # 134711401, I’ve also replaced the control board. It’s still saying ef1 I’ve replaced every thing I could find please help me if able I’m so lost. Thank you all so much for your work and wisdom :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UvemD3nqIvorvppmqsTvcX12pa66RrI2

EF1=Check Exhaust Alarm

Possible Fault Conditions: High vent restriction, High Limit Thermostat, Inlet Control Thermistor, or Electronic Control Board defective

Possible Solutions: Check vent restrictions and resistance values of High Limit thermostat and Inlet Control Thermistor.

So since you replaced all those parts already, try clearing the error code on Page 3: * NOTE : To clear the error code (s): While in step 8, press and hold the far left option key and “power” buttons
simultaneously for 3 seconds.

Jake