Thread: Whirlpool Gold WDT710PAYW3 - Start Resume Blinks but no beep...

Default Whirlpool Gold WDT710PAYW3 - Start Resume Blinks but no beep...

Model Number: WDT710PAYW3
    Brand: Whirlpool

Hi all, I've read other posts about the start resume light flashing but none have clearly answered my question.
    Regardless, I've pulled the wires and reset circuit breakers to no avail.

Normally, the Start resume light blinks only when you don't close the door in a timely manner (3 seconds or so) and there as always been a beep that accompanies it. The beep tone speaker still works because i can hear it while selecting cycle modes.

Either way, the dishwasher does nothing regardless of cycle selection. Close the door, and the start resume light blinks (no tone) and dishwasher does nothing.

I can't get cancel/drain to do anything either.

At first I thought the latch switch bad but it tested ok then i took apart the control panel and discovered something nasty.

I'm thinking roach poop =(

I cleaned it all off but dishwasher still does the same.

So before I throw money at a new control board, can anyone confirm to me based on the blinking start resume that the control board is the problem? It seems obvious based on appearances of it but I don't want to assume either.

This dishwasher doesnt seem to have a "troubleshooting mode" like I've read about on others.

Thanks for the help.

That photo attachment didn't come through, try again make sure you re-size your photo to 1080 or lower first before uploading it.

Since I can't see where excatly the roach poop was located I can't tell you where it shorted the circuit. If it was on the control panel assembly including the ribbon cable, that's what you need to order. If it was on the control board itself then order that.

Here's the control panel parts diagram and parts list for your model: Parts for Whirlpool WDT710PAYW3: Control Panel and Latch Parts

#4 looks like it includes both ribbon cables in that assembly: Whirlpool W10350265 Housing-Ui

For some reason the control board #7 is not listed, but I did locate the part number from Whirlpool's website part list.

Here's the control board for your model you can order:
    Whirlpool W10479763 Electronic Control Board

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks for the response Jake. In my previous post is "Attachment 20513" not clickable for the image?
    Either way, I'll re-upload a smaller version. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150104_145837 resize.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	20567

Smaller still...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150104_145837 resize2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	949.6 KB 
ID:	20568

Yup, that's the control board, that's what you will need is a new control board.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

It's that obvious huh? I thought so too just needed another opinion. Stupid roach(s), this dishwasher is a year and a half old! At least I can't blame Whirlpool for this one.
    Thanks for the assist Jake.
    Any thoughts on where I can just get the control board itself as I don't need the plastic housing when mine is perfectly good and I'm sure it adds to the expense.
    The part number on the board doesn't show up anywhere online so I'm sure its a lost cause and they only sell the unit as a whole. Seems silly though when that board comes out so easily.

Yes to get the new control board you have to order the housing with it all in one assembly in the part link for the control board I posted above. They don't sell just the control board alone without the plastic housing.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I found myself in the same situation last week. The dishwasher stopped working the controls were all dead, but plugging it out of the wall and letting it sit for few minutes and plugging it back in with the door open would bring the power back to the controls. I tried running the diagnostic cycle but it would shut off a few steps into the diagnostic and the controls would be dead again. I checked the control board and found roaches remains and a short underneath. Ordered a new control board and replaced it. Seem to run fine now (at least the first cycle :P) .

Here is the image of my control board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160209_223628.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	391.4 KB 
ID:	27068

Yup, roaches will cause the control board to short, seen this many times as well, good find.

Glad the new control board fixed yours too!

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts