Thread: Bosch Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling

Default Bosch Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling

Model Number: B20CS51SNW/02
    Brand: Bosch

I am hoping someone can give me a little advice about my Bosch refrigerator. About 2 months ago I noticed a sheet of ice at the bottom of my freezer. Then I began to notice water pooling on my floor. Then the refrigerator started to get warm and I decided to call a repair man. He told me to completely defrost the unit. This fixed the problem for about a week--no ice and refrigerator was cooling. Then it came back so I defrosted again. I did one final defrost two days ago and made sure the defrost drain was clear (I had to pour some really hot water to clear it).

The freezer is starting to frost up again (although the ice is not pooling at the bottom of the freezer yet and the drain is still clear) and the refrigerator is pretty warm. The top of the freezer registers 32 degrees and the bottom is much colder. The refrigerator is 60 degrees.

I checked the back of the fridge to see the compressor and condenser and the fan is working in the back.

The evaporator fan doesn't seem to turn on when I press the door switch. Any idea if that might be what's causing the problem? If so, is that a fix I could do myself (I don't have a lot of do-it-yourself appliance experience)?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

It does sound like you have the same problem as the other member g17rtf2 had in his thread you posted in as well: Bosch B20CS50 side by side Freezer not freezing

I see he mentioned he had a compressor problem, and he is correct, not many techs. work on Bosch appliances, including myself.

You can check your owners manual warranty page and see if the compressor and sealed system is covered under an extended warranty from the factory, some models have up to a 5 year warranty on the compressor and sealed system.

The evaporator fan doesn't seem to turn on when I press the door switch. Any idea if that might be what's causing the problem?
    Unfortunately not, since I don't work on Bosch I really don't know, sorry.

Check
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts