Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FGHB2844LF5 Rust on back of Frigidaire Refrigerator

I just ran across the same problem with my Electrolux, rust on the back of the unit Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0088.jpg 
Views:	1001 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	32499. Does the condensation kit work or should I replace the refrigerator?

Quote Originally Posted by Rondog View Post
    My Electrolux French Door has the same problem. Service tech ordered kit from Electrolux. The box it came in is called a Rear Panel Kit: Part # 5303918657. Inside the box is a large 2" thick insulation pad that will cover the complete back of the refrigerator. The box also contained a Flex tray Gasket W/deflector kit Part number 5303918784. Although I don't understand why it is in the kit as you don't remove the ice maker at all. The insulation pad goes on the backside of the refrigerator not inside. It also contained a tube of RTV Sealant. Hope this helps the next guy.
    Hi, Rondog,
    My 8 years old Electrolux has the same problem. I think yours are also not under warranty. May I know how much it cost you, part and labor, or how do you make Electrolux pay for this? Today I called Electrolux, before I saw this forum, they said not covered. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rondog View Post
    My Electrolux French Door has the same problem. Service tech ordered kit from Electrolux. The box it came in is called a Rear Panel Kit: Part # 5303918657. Inside the box is a large 2" thick insulation pad that will cover the complete back of the refrigerator. The box also contained a Flex tray Gasket W/deflector kit Part number 5303918784. Although I don't understand why it is in the kit as you don't remove the ice maker at all. The insulation pad goes on the backside of the refrigerator not inside. It also contained a tube of RTV Sealant. Hope this helps the next guy.
    I have a frigidaire gallery side by side with the exact same problem. Finding this forum thread has been hugely helpful so first want to say thanks to those who have added info.

Following this advice I called frigidaire and was told that I'd have to call the local authorised repair company. I did this and they were out it today and confirmed the problem and solution. HOWEVER, they told me only the back part and labor is covered. If I wanted the ice tray gasket as well I'd need to pay $32 for the part and $110 for labor.

In any event, I was interested to see this post which said an ice tray gasket did come with the back part.

Is this correct (that frigidaire only pays for partial fix) and if so should i call Frigidaire to complain about?

They also charged me a service call for today just for coming out to confirm the problem. Is that normal? I expected thay frigidaire would cover that as well given this is the only way to move the problem toward a fix.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi,

I located the service flash on this Ice in Fresh Food Ice Maker Fan Housing - Revised Gasket Kit.

I'm attaching it below.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks, Jake.

Can you clarify how i find the attached file? I would veey much like to read it.

Also, is it normal that the customer would pay for the service call to confirm the problem is manufacturers defect? Seems weird to me, but not sure if what is normal in the industry.

Thank you

Use a laptop or desktop computer to see it.

Also, is it normal that the customer would pay for the service call to confirm the problem is manufacturers defect?
    Yes, unless Frigidaire told them not to. You'd need to confirm that by contacting Frigidaire.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Still trying to figure out what is needed and covered

Thanks so much for this, Jake. To be honest, I am more confused about this than when I started. I spent 43 minutes on the phone with Frigidaire/Electrolux today and they were not able to do much to clarify matters, except to be clear that the rear panel kit and its labor for install is covered.

In the meantime, a box from Frigidaire has arrived here. It contained precisely what someone had indicated above:

Rear Panel Kit (5303918657) - this includes 4 subparts (instructions, pad, silicone, and ice maker seal kit)

Flextray Gasket Kit with Deflector (5303918784) - This includes 13 subitems

Based on the helpful information on this forum and what was sent to me, I assume both parts are needed for the fix. What is not yet clear to me is whether Frigidaire will pay for the parts and install for both. We left the phone call as Frigidaire will follow up with the local technician on Monday and clarify and then get back to me.

Does anyone have any tips for talking with Frigidaire and/or the technician about this? At the root of this is that I can't understand why I'd have to pay anything (other than the service call) out of pocket given this is supposedly covered.

What's the part number that's on the box it came in?

Because you can clearly see 5303918657 is Available here: 5303918657 Rear Panel Kit

What is not yet clear to me is whether Frigidaire will pay for the parts and install for both. We left the phone call as Frigidaire will follow up with the local technician on Monday and clarify and then get back to me.

Does anyone have any tips for talking with Frigidaire and/or the technician about this? At the root of this is that I can't understand why I'd have to pay anything (other than the service call) out of pocket given this is supposedly covered.
    I don't know the answers to those questions, as I have not installed this kit as of yet.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

The box is just a plain box, nothing about frigidaire/electrolux or part numbers. Just a box.

These are photos of what is inside though. Perhaps they discontinued, but still have some on hand they're sending out??

I'll continue to report back on what I learn from Frigidaire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-08 12.24.53.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	34037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-08 12.25.33.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	287.4 KB 
ID:	34038  

Here are the full install instructions for the rear panel kit:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-08 12.25.02.jpg 
Views:	1132 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	34039
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-08 12.25.10.jpg