Thread: Disappointed in Maytag Washer...I've always bought and recommended Maytag pproducts

Thumbs down Disappointed in Maytag Washer...I've always bought and recommended Maytag pproducts

Maytag Washer MVWC400XW3

I moved into a new house June 2013. I didn't want the Top Loading HE Commercial Maytag washer and dryer because I thought it was 4-6 years old. I wanted the owners to take their appliances with them so I could buy a new red Maytag washer and dryer. I noticed late 2013 that the washer was leaving a dirty residue on my clothes....i didn't wash a lot when I moved in because it was just me. My mother is now living with me.
    I called Maytag January 9, 2014 to report the issue. I learned at that time that the washer and dryers were newer than I thought...bought July 2012. I realized at this point that the owners left the appliances because they weren't performing properly but of course they didn't tell me because they didn't want the expense to move them. I spoke to LaShonda 1/9/14 to report the issue. I explained that I sold detergent for a major manufacturer and knew how to use HE products when she said maybe I was using the wrong amount of detergent when I complained about the dirty soapy residue. She also asked if I was putting the detergent in first. No duh! Instead of trouble shooting the issue and documenting the call she blamed everything on me. I used less detergent based on her recommendation and changed the brand. Nothing worked. I finally got fed up and called customer service again this week to file another complaint. They saw the documentation that I called in 2014 and spoke to LaShonda but said she didn't document anything so nothing could be done and that the washer was out of warranty...no duh!
    All I expected was for Maytag to send a technician out to figure out why the washer never worked properly...defective. I'm so disappointed in Maytag that I won't buy another Magtag appliance and won't recommend this brand to friends and family. My last Maytag Washer/Dryer lasted for 14 years without issue and that is what I expected from a high end brand like Maytag. I'm sure the product quality has decline as more brands have entered the market and Maytag is making an inferior product to sell at a lower price to be competitive. Very sad...another top notch brand down the tubes.

Hi,

FWIW....you are actually dealing with Whirlpool....there is no more Maytag as WLP bought Maytag several years ago.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid
    Yeah I've got O.C.D.....Old, Cranky and Dangerous.