December 19th, 2016, 02:06 PM
SubZero 550 - Ice Maker not working (tried many other tips from the forum)
More than 10 years
I have a SubZero 550 that stopped making ice. These are the notes/results based on trying things I've read from other messages in these forums:
- Ice feeler arm is locked in the up position
- I've tried to force it down but it won't budge (and I don't want to break it)
- Defrosted the freezer
- When I restarted the fridge/freezer the water filled the ice maker
- The feeler arm is still locked in the up position
- There are 3 switches in the freezer. 1 for the light, 1 that turns on the freezer fan and 1 the ice maker tray closes
- I taped the ice maker tray switch closed to force cycle (is this the only one that needs to be "closed?)
- When it is taped shut the ice maker makes a "ticking" noise - I've checked a day later and it is still making the ticking sound but no ice has dropped and feeler arm is still up.
- Tried to force cycle the ice maker (jumpering “T” and “H” for 10 seconds). There was a small spark so the jump was working but it made no effect
I feel that the issue is around the feeler arm being locked in the up position but I don't want to force it down.
Other thing I haven't tried yet is to reset the circuit breaker.
Anything else I can try or do I need a new ice maker?
December 19th, 2016, 05:34 PM
The Sub Zero ice maker 4202850 is no longer available. 4202850 changes to: Ice Maker 7002748
I believe this one will work:
You will need to use the old wire harness and shut off arm
Ice Maker Assembly WPW10190965
OWNER RICK'S APPLIANCE REPAIR
APPLIANCE TECHNICIAN FOR 31 YEARS
ONLINE SERV TECH: ApplianceBlog.com
CERTIFIED TYPE 1; TYPE 2.....REFRIGERATION SERVICE E.S.
By Heynowjerry in forum Refrigerators & Freezers
Last Post: January 11th, 2017, 09:37 AM
By cstultz in forum Refrigerators & Freezers
Last Post: July 19th, 2013, 06:34 AM
By etbrown4 in forum Refrigerators & Freezers
Last Post: November 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
By nancypeterson in forum Microwaves
Last Post: July 30th, 2007, 05:31 AM
By gulleyj in forum Sears Kenmore
Last Post: November 19th, 2005, 01:47 PM
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, you can throw a buck or two in the Appliance Blog Tip Jar - Thank you!