• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

596.72009015 Kenmore Refrigerator - Water and ice maker issues

Frandretti

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore refrigerator model 596.72009015. The interior water dispenser does not dispense water nor does the ice maker in the freezer work. I have tuned off both the fridge and the freezer in case the water line was frozen. I do not use the water dispenser, but have missed the ice cubes. So far, the water dispenser gives me a small amount of water before stopping and I hear a humming sound when I hold the dispense button in.

Frandretti

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. Where can I get one and how do I put it in? Will this solve both problems?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree with Rick. Did you check your water supply pressure to the water inlet valve?

I always pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then turn the water off, remove the water supply line, then get a bucket or container to catch water in to test the water pressure from the water supply line into a bucket, then turn the water supply line on, and it should have good water pressure force coming out in the bucket or container.

If your water pressure is good, then disconnect the water line tubing underneath the water inlet valve and then press the water dispenser lever and see if water comes out good directly from the water inlet valve.

To order the part Rick post just click on the part above and it will take you to the page to order it.

This video below gives you the general idea of how to replace it:

Jake