• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

596.72383411 Kenmore Fridge Service Test 56 E1 "No Cooling"

MJGrimes

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello, I have a Kenmore 596.72383411 Fridge. A couple weeks ago, it stopped making ice (it was more like slush). I changed out the ice machine... did not fix it. I have cleaned the coils, I have checked the comp, I have now twice defrosted the Evap Fins. I have also changed out the Heat Defroster.

Now my fridge and freezer are stuck at about 48degrees.

I have gone through all of the Service Tests, I don't get any errors on my Thermistors, the only error I get is on Service Test 56, E1 "No Cooling"

I am at a loss.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its possibly a sealed system problem. Are the evaporator fan motors running in both the refrigerator and freezer sections?

Remove the back panel inside the freezer and look at the frost pattern of the freezer evaporator coil, even better would be to take a photo of it and upload it here.

Look at page 5-9 and 5-10 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5wx9d9xppw3wry/R-114 JOB AID W10444924.pdf?dl=0

Page 5-12 and 5-13 shows you how to remove it.

Jake

MJGrimes

Premium Member
Both fans are working. When I remove the access panel in the freezer, the ice is accumulating on the top right above the fins, spreading across the top of the fins. No other frost anywhere else.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When I remove the access panel in the freezer, the ice is accumulating on the top right above the fins, spreading across the top of the fins.
That indicates you have a sealed system problem.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions.

Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.