Thread: Maxx Ice MIM50 will only make ice with distribution tube crimping the supply tube

Default Maxx Ice MIM50 will only make ice with distribution tube crimping the supply tube

Model Number: MIM50
    Brand: other

I have a Maxx Ice MIM50 under counter ice maker that was making ice fine until it was taken apart to clean.

Now water distribution tube puts the water out to fast for the plate to cool it enough to make ice.

I have found through trial and error that if I push the water distribution tube over to where it crimps the tube that comes up from the recirculate pump, it will work to make ice.

Unfortunately the pressure from the recirculating pump will push the tube back to where flow is to high and I come home to an empty ice bucket with water flowing to fast to make ice.

I am assuming that there is either some flow restriction part that was in the water distribution tube that isn't pictured in the parts diagram in the manual, or that there is some adjustment to the pump that is also not mentioned in the manual.

I would order another distribution tube but I don't want to order an unnecessary part if it doesn't have the flow restriction that I need to get this thing working.

Thanks in Advance

Duke

I think I have it fixed, apparently the inner portion of the water distribution tube has to be lined up perfectly to fit into a notch on the end cap of the outer portion of the water distribution tube.

If the tab on the end cap is not lined up with the notch in the tube, it allows to much water out and you get the symptoms I described in the first post.

I hope this helps someone else avoid the frustration that I have had with this icemaker for the last several months.

Duke

Hi Duke,

Wobiii is good with these stand alone Ice makers, but this is the first time I've heard of this brand Maxx Ice, most likely Wobiii has though.

Sounds like you fixed it, thanks for the update, yes that should help others too if they own this Maxx Ice brand.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts