Thread: ABB1924WES0 Fan at Back of Fridge Always Running

Default ABB1924WES0 Fan at Back of Fridge Always Running

Model Number: ABB1924WES0
    Brand: Amana

Hi guys,

This is my first post and I am quite excited at how active the community is! I am hopeful you guys can help steer me in the correct direction regarding my Amana fridge.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the fan at the bottom back of the fridge is consistently running, even when I turn off the fridge and freezer. (The temperature is digital so by turning off, it is a horizontal line instead of a number indicating the level of temperature.)

Furthermore, I am noticing ice build up on the coils in the freezer.

I am going to clean the dust underneath the freezer to see if that'll help. But in the meantime, any suggestions as to why the fan at the back of the fridge will constantly run?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Flyer4Ever; February 13th, 2018 at 10:20 PM.

Exclamation Look into the frosting!

The problem I'm experiencing is that the fan at the bottom back of the fridge is consistently running, even when I turn off the fridge and freezer.
    The condenser fan is wired with the compressor. They should both run together. If the refrigerator isn't cooling properly, the control will tell the compressor (and thus the condenser fan) to run. (The interior fan(s) should also run whenever the compressor is running as well.)

I am noticing ice build up on the coils in the freezer.
    I assume your fridge isn't cooling properly? The frosting is very likely why. The temperature would be why the control is telling the compressor (and thus the condenser fan) to run. The control is trying to get the appliance colder but the frost is preventing it. It's a never ending cycle.

The temperature is digital so by turning off, it is a horizontal line instead of a number indicating the level of temperature.
    Is there a dash in both refrigerator and freezer temperature displays? That's what the manual says should happen when set to off:

Quote Originally Posted by Owner's Manual
    To Turn Off/On:
    Style 1 Press the freezer down arrow touch pad until a dash (-) appears in both the refrigerator and freezer displays.
    Neither compartment will cool.
    If there's a dash in both indicators, I don't know why it doesn't shut off except for maybe a problem with the electronic control.

I am going to clean the dust underneath the freezer to see if that'll help.
    That's fine but won't help with the frosting and the frosting is what should be looked into first. It could be the result of a defrost system problem or maybe someone left a door ajar for an extended period of time resulting in an excessive frost buildup.

LINK > Appliance411: How does a frost free refrigerator's defrost system work?

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; February 14th, 2018 at 01:57 AM.