Thread: Samsung FE710DRS/XAC - Clock and Oven issues, please help!

Default Samsung FE710DRS/XAC - Clock and Oven issues, please help!

Model Number: FE710DRS
    Brand: Samsung

Greetings everyone, first post!

I am looking for advice regarding my Samsung FE710DRS stove. I have googled and come up short, nobody seems to have my exact symptoms. I'm hoping a new control board will fix the issues but would like some input first. A summary of my issues area as follows:

- Starting a couple months ago the oven clock started losing time randomly (about 1 hr per day). Also when the timer is running the clock appears to stand still and lose time entirely
    - On several occasions the oven has switched modes on it's own. Specifically when set to convection bake, the oven will switch to broil and run full blast (although screen still displays bake). This has resulted in the oven overheating and food almost catching fire. It takes almost 5 hours for the oven to cool down again.
    - The self clean function never seemed to work, and even within the first couple months of ownership we would get the E-0A error (overheating) which we should have had looked at under warranty but didn't

Anyways, like I stated I just want some input as to whether or not the control board is the likely culprit. I have examined my board and it appears fine with no obvious scorched areas. Is there any other parts you guys would recommend looking at?

Lastly, how hard is the swap of the board? It looks pretty straight forward, and although I never work with appliances I have lots of experience building computers and this looks very much the same. Mostly plug and play. Any precautions you'd recommend?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

-Pat W
    Last edited by Jake; June 2nd, 2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Added complete model number

Hi,

FE710DRS
    Missing some digits and being in Canada it will likely have XAC instead of XAA

I found FE710DRS/XAA-0001 FE710DRS/XAA-0002 FE710DRS/XAA-0003

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid
    Yeah I've got O.C.D.....Old, Cranky and Dangerous.
    Tip of the day, set your Samsung Smart Fridge to a foreign language so Google can't spy on you!!

Thanks for the reply,

I just double checked the sticker and it has XAC as you mentioned. No subsequent digits.

In another spot on the label it dose have the number "02" but not beside the rest of the model number... If that makes sense

Hope this helps

In another spot on the label it dose have the number "02"
    That may be version 02.

I am kinda inclined to think you may have 2 or more issues

Something sticking or intermittently working on the relay board.

Clock loosing time.

Touch pad for switches modes on it's own...hope the glass is ok.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    Tip of the day, set your Samsung Smart Fridge to a foreign language so Google can't spy on you!!

Thanks for the advice. I will start with the board and likely ditch the stove if that doesn't work out. Samsung has been less than helpful and actually had the nerve to tell me over the phone that 2 years is about right to expect "major service" on an appliance.

I will start with the board
    Keep us posted.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Just giving a quick update:

Replaced the board 3 days ago and so far ALL issues seem to be resolved. Clock is keeping time, timer functioning properly, and the oven has not switched modes or overheated during long run times (although it's only been run for about 1 hour on two occasions). I have yet to attempt a self clean but I am confident that the issues are resolved for now.

I appreciate the help received on this forum, and I'm hopeful this thread may help someone in the future!

Cheers from Canada,

-Pat W
    Last edited by Symbiotix; June 17th, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

Thankx for the update

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid