Thread: 1938 GM Frigidaire

Default 1938 GM Frigidaire

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3711.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	949.7 KB 
ID:	38160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3697.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	38161

Hello I have a problem first off I made a major mistake that I can't believe I did. I started to replace the plug wire on this unit because of it's age and once I started to touch the wires the insulation just fell off and like a big dummy I didn't take any pictures before I started to rewire.

So now for the life of me I can't figure out how to wire the temp control I found Ricks wiring guide on another post for a newer fridg and figured out the YG-2 relay to compressor but this has me stumped. any help would be appreciated oh the green nuterial wire it's actually the Red wire color thats all the H-ware store had in a three wire cord. black, white, green so I taped the green red.

I finally figured out the wire for temp control but I think it's bad because it will not cycle the compressor off even when I turn the T stat to the warmer setting its 29 degrees in the fridge any ideas on replacment conrol and still keep the vintage look thought about a simple work around using the Inkbird Dual Stage Digital Temperature Controller and only using the Cooling plug side
    Last edited by Birddog; Yesterday at 06:44 AM.