Thread: WA5451ANW/XAA Samsung washer not getting water

Default WA5451ANW/XAA Samsung washer not getting water

Model Number: WA5451ANW
    Brand: Samsung

All of a sudden the washer doesn't get any water at the start of any cycle. I tried with all water temperatures, and with different cycles. Everything sounds like it's going to work normally (the motor is clearly kicking in), but no water is coming in. All the lights are on, no error message. No kinks in water hose, water is on, double checked water valve to washer. I'm not sure if this washer if more than or less than 5 years old...somewhere around that age. Has worked perfectly until now. Please help! Jake gave me wonderful information on our range recently and I was able to replace the control board...I hope this is something simple too Thank you

This is what I have done so far: I followed wildimagination's drop box "quick test mode" and pressed all the buttons https://www.dropbox.com/s/4htj45bboo...0Trak.pdf?dl=0 .
    It read L22F on the screen, I turned the dial once and it disappeared. I pressed spin, temp, soil and signal in the order mentioned . Water came in, every pressing of button made a new sound and door locked etc. I got scared and turned the power off....and ALL the water drained out through the bottom of the washer! Whaaat??
    Oh, I should add that months ago the washer was spinning out of control with towels, and some of the plastic around the top of the drum actually broke off. I have not used the washer on "heavy" spin since then. It works fine on medium. Is it possible that the crazy spinning ruined something on the inside, or knocked it loose?
    Last edited by luckyblueeye; June 14th, 2018 at 08:52 AM.

I should add that months ago the washer was spinning out of control with towels, and some of the plastic around the top of the drum actually broke off. I have not used the washer on "heavy" spin since then. It works fine on medium. Is it possible that the crazy spinning ruined something on the inside, or knocked it loose?
    Yes, There is a recall on your model washer: https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/sa...shing-machines

Remedy:
    Consumers should contact Samsung immediately to receive one of the following remedy options. Consumers can choose (1) a free in-home repair that includes reinforcement of the washer’s top and a free one-year extension of the manufacturer’s warranty; (2) a rebate to be applied towards the purchase of a new Samsung or other brand washing machine, along with free installation of the new unit and removal of old unit; or (3) a full refund for consumers who purchased their washing machine within the past 30 days of the recall announcement.

All known consumers will also receive a Home Label Kit that includes a control panel guide and additional safety instructions in the mail.

Until they have received and installed a Home Label Kit, consumers should only use the delicate or waterproof cycles when washing bedding, water-resistant and bulky items. The lower spin speed in the delicate or waterproof cycles lessens the risk of the washing machine top unexpectedly detaching from the washing machine chassis.

Consumer Contact:
    866-264-5636
    Samsung toll-free at 866-264-5636 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET

Recall number:
    17-028

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thank you Jake! I just got off the phone with Samsung, their so called recall is a joke. They will send me a check for $100 IF I buy another Samsung, or $7.00 (!! yep) if I buy another brand washer. In home service only includes installing a reinforcement for the part that already broke, yay. No repair for the damage that it probably caused while spinning out of control. So, I guess I'm shopping for a new washer now. I appreciate your reply...I'm only writing this down in case someone else comes across this, sorry for my tone but I'm so annoyed with Samsung and definitely will never buy another appliance from them. Thanks again

Sorry to hear Samsung didn't come through for you.

When customers in my local area ask what washer they should get I always recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, Speed Queen. Those are the most reliable. I own a Whirlpool washer and it's been great, not a single problem with it since I bought it new in 2011.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts