• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.12723K311 Kenmore Elite Dishwasher diverter issue

creekytrails

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12723K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Top rack hasn't cleaned well for a long time. When the bottom rack stopped cleaning also even on pots and pans I took a shot in the dark and ordered a new circ. pump. Bad shot. I discovered the seal on the no zone cover was rotted in two. Replaced that and it exposed a leaking diverter seal. Replaced that and still not cleaning. I finally opened the door and stuck a fork in it and found that the diverter is turning but not sending water to the correct areas.

It seems to stop between the upper and lower racks and never at the upper rack. Sometimes it sends water to the turbo zone while sending it to the upper rack. So the upper arm never even turns. Water ran out of the diverter motor housing while the seal leaked, do I need a new diverter motor and housing?

I also ran the 123,123,123 to realign but didn't help. I don't know how to read the blinking lights after the 123 test since my paper work is only in french. (I don't read french) I would be happy to order a new diverter if it would fix the problem but thought you might have more suggestions to narrow it down.

BTW 665.12723K311 is the mod no.
I am willing to open door and run the washer to find out what may be wrong please give me thoughts. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then its possibly a bad diverter motor. The diverter motor switches the water from the lower spray arms to the upper spray arms, and vise-versa.

Do you have your tech data sheet? It should be located behind the bottom access panel. It will tell you how to run the diagnostics properly.

Also you can see the timing chart and it tells you when the diverter should activate the lower(LOW) spray arm and upper(UPR) spray arm.

I have the tech data sheet for this model, I'm attaching it below.

Service Diagnostics Cycle Notes:
3) Diverter will be on continuously in interval 14. In all other diverter intervals, diverter will be on only until it reaches the intended position for that interval.

Here's the diverter motor for your model:
W10537869 Motor

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10580766 - Rev B.pdf
    792.3 KB · Views: 32

creekytrails

Premium Member
Thanks, I did not have the pdf. If I understand the diagnostic mode, if I initiate the mode and watch the intervals on intervals 12,13,15,16,17 and 18 the diverter should be on the upper rack. Is that correct? And can I open the door and the diagnostic mode pause? This would let me see if the diverter is in the proper position.
And would I know that it was on interval 12 when the NRM STA RUN DRY CLN Leds are on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is correct.

Jake

creekytrails

Premium Member
I ran the diagnostics and it didn't seem to light the LEDs that the pdf showed that it would and perhaps I was just a bit confused but I did notice that the blinking lights at the beginning seemed to confirm that it was a diverter issue 9 blinks and then 1 repeating. So I replaced the diverter and ran a load on normal wash and it seems to have worked.
Dishes on top rack sparkling although dishes on bottom rack didn't clean quite as well. One in the corner still had a bit of residue from soup and a couple of the bowls had a little grit in them.
The old diverter contacts showed signs of corrosion. Will run a few more loads and see how things turn out. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear the new diverter motor fixed it, sounds like your making progress.(y)

Yes, run more loads and make sure your filter screens are clean.

Here's the filters for this model and the video is in the part link to show you how to remove/check-clean/replace the filters.

Pump Filter W10872845

Screen Filter WPW10463906

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.