• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.12763K311 Kenmore Dishwasher - no water making it into the tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

tph

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12763K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Series of events: Electrician moved dishwasher out to run wiring for new outlet. Next time we ran dishwasher we got a large puddle of water on the floor. Husband started pulling out dishwasher to see where the water was coming from, got a loud pop and a blue flash, and all electric to the island quit working. Electrician came back out, fixed everything, but next time we ran dishwasher there's another puddle. Husband pulls dishwasher out again, we can see water coming from the connector hose connection on the bottom. We replace the hose, clean the filter while we're at it, turn the water back on and put everything back together. Now there's no water coming into the tub at all.

I've read other posts that suggest checking vents, float switch, pumps, etc., but seeing as how it worked before we replaced the hose and cleaned the filter, I'm wondering if there's something we could've done that could be causing the problem? Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Are you absolutely sure the water supply valve to the dishwasher is ON? If so, I'd first check your float, its inside the front of the tub on the left or right side. Verify that the float moves freely up and down and you hear the “click” of the float switch contacts.

Here's the float for your model:
Float WPW10195036

Remove the lower access panel and remove the water inlet valve electrical connector and put your multimeter leads in it(set your meter on AC VOLTS), then start a new cycle and see if your meter reads 120 volts after the cycle starts, if not, the control board is the problem if your float is not stuck UP and your float switch ohm tests good.

When the float is down, the float switch will be closed, which is continuity and should send 120 volts to the water inlet valve. Turn the breaker OFF to your dishwasher, then Ohm test your Float Switch WPW10195039 for continuity when the button on it is pushed in.

If meter DOES read 120 volts after you start a new cycle and no water is coming in, then your water inlet valve is bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve W11175771

This video shows you how to access it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

tph

Premium Member
Thank you so much. It's fixed! It was the float switch, I believe it's called. My son got down underneath and opened the little door, and the small plastic piece that the float depresses fell out. He put it back together, closed everything back up, and now it's working fine. I'm guessing it was knocked loose somehow. I greatly appreciate your reply!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that's all it was.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.