FIXED 665.12773K311 Kenmore elite model dishwasher blinking blue light

Pangelis322

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12773K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Kenmore elite dishwasher, has lights on and I go to start it, close the door blue light stays on. I hear something, but then the blue light on outside of door turns off.

Then I reopened it press heated dry normal dry heat to dry normal dry start close the door. The blue light blinks continuously Then turns off.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Put it in diagnostics and see what error code you get. Your tech. data sheet is located behind the bottom access panel.

Do this first before running the diagnostics:
■Make sure the rinse aid is full. The machine can't dry the dishes without it.
■Start the machine on a normal wash cycle, tub empty and no soap. Listen for the fill cycle to end then open the door and check the water level.
■Close the door and let it wash for about one minute. Open the door and check for suds on the water. If there's suds cut back on the amount of soap you use. Close the door and let it finish the wash cycle.
■Listen for the drain pump/motor to turn on. Before the fill starts open the door and see if all the water is drained out. Make sure the drain hose loops higher than the bottom of the sink before the connection to the drain or disposer.

Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes and has 27 intervals. The diagnostic cycle starts with interval 27 and ends on interval 1.

Interval 27 turns on all the LED’s as a display test. Intervals 26 – 25 – 24 and 23 are for error codes. The Clean (or Completed) LED will flash the error codes in two parts.

The Clean LED will first flash the function code, pause for 2 seconds then flash the problem code, pause for 5 seconds then repeat three times (unless advanced by the Start key to the next interval).

If there are no error codes the Clean LED will stay on solid for 5 seconds.

Look on the tech sheet for the diagnostic cycle chart then look under "notes". Interval times are different depending on what's being tested. For instance, interval 22 is a five second pause. If there are errors the high temp wash LED turns on. Press the hi-temp button to clear the errors. If there are no errors it's just a 5 second pause.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Pangelis322

Premium Member
I’ve never put anything except the detergent tablet, Sometimes my wife will just throw it to the bottom because she says the door doesn’t open it all the time. I just noticed that there’s some standing water on the bottom.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The bottom access panel is below your door, and its metal little panel and goes to your floor, you will see 2 screws near the floor on it.

I just noticed that there’s some standing water on the bottom.
Press Cancel and see if it drains.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, If its not draining, then I'd definitely check the drain pump first for a clog, if no clog then remove the drain hose from the garbage disposal or sink plumbing if you don't have a garbage disposal, and check for a clog at the drain hose exit, and also check the porthole where it goes into your garbage disposal or sink plumbing for a clog too.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10531320

Here's a video that shows you how to access the drain pump, its very simple, it just twists off. It starts at the 2:00 mark of the video:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, it is.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, I find that a lot too, glad to hear that was all it was.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Pangelis322

Premium Member
Hi Jake
New issue with Kenmore Dishwasher
665.12773K311
we recently redid our kitchen and when we reconnected the dishwasher, it was working.we also changed it from being hardwired to a plug. We did the first load and the dishwasher stopped without draining the water and there’s no power or lights. I drained it out with a shop vac and also drained the water that was in the hose Any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
we also changed it from being hardwired to a plug.
I'd first check the power in your junction box underneath the dishwasher, where you switched it to a plug-in pigtail style, make sure your wire nuts are not loose, check for 120 volts there as well with your multimeter.

Jake