• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.12783K310 Kenmore Elite Dishwasher all display lights on

Derek25

Model Number
665.12783K310
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher model 665.12783K310 that stopped working. All the cycle lights on the front panel are lit up but none of the buttons on the top are working. I tried the diagnostic for the error code but the buttons are not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Derek, Its either the door vent shorting out, the control panel keypad shorting out, or the control board that's bad.

First check the door vent. Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:
Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through the complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

If disconnecting the door vent didn't resolve it, then we check the control panel keypad and control board.

Put the wire connectors back on the door vent.

Do this below:
- Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
- Disassemble door and disconnect keypad connection from control board or LCD display module.
- Verify all other connections to control board are made.
- Reassemble door, but do not close door.
- Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
- Wait at least 7 seconds for control board to power up completely.
- Close dishwasher door and monitor control board response:
A. If control board is OK (no longer sees stuck keys with keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace keypad and console.
B. If control board is not OK (still sees stuck keys with keypad unplugged), it will not turn on drain motor. Wait for at least 10 seconds. If there is still no drain response, then replace control board or LCD display module (whichever one the keypad was connected to).

Here's the BLACK control panel keypad assembly for your model:
WPW10481070 Panel-Cntl

Here's the ANY OTHER COLOR BESIDES BLACK control panel keypad assembly for your model: WPW10481071

Here's the control board for your model:
W10866118 Cntrl-Elec

Let us know what you find.

Jake

homeuser25

Premium Member
Hi Derek, Its either the door vent shorting out, the control panel keypad shorting out, or the control board that's bad.

First check the door vent. Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:
Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through the complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

If disconnecting the door vent didn't resolve it, then we check the control panel keypad and control board.

Put the wire connectors back on the door vent.

Do this below:
- Disassemble door and disconnect keypad connection from control board or LCD display module.
A. If control board is OK (no longer sees stuck keys with keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace keypad and console.
B. If control board is not OK (still sees stuck keys with keypad unplugged), it will not turn on drain motor. Wait for at least 10 seconds. If there is still no drain response, then replace control board or LCD display module (whichever one the keypad was connected to).

WPW10481070 Panel-Cntl

Here's the ANY OTHER COLOR BESIDES BLACK control panel keypad assembly for your model: WPW10481071

Here's the control board for your model:
W10866118 Cntrl-Elec

Let us know what you find.

Jake
Thanks for the info Jake!

I have Kenmore Elite undercounter dishwasher Model - 66512783K311 and recently had the same issue with the dead touchpad/keypad and all lights illuminated.

I'm debating if it is worth replacing the $200 keypad on top of the $250 I spent on the controller or if I should just cut my losses and get a new dishwasher.
IMG_0469.JPG

I found this video on Youtube. It is for a kitchenaid dishwasher but the internal door components look nearly identical to my Kenmore. The video mentions the drain pump turning on after 7 seconds if the controller doesn't detect a keypad. The tech sheet W10543820B doesn't mention the drain pump (it would have saved me a lot of time troubleshooting other components) but does mention testing the voltage on the control board. I tested the new controller ( P1C-2 to P1C-4 on page 7 of the tech sheet error 2-2 ) and instead of getting the expected 5v, I got around 8v. Is that normal or further indication the touchpad is bad?

After replacing the controller the vertical bars on the LED display blink several times before shutting off. I tried disconnecting all wires from the vent but it didn't change anything.

Thanks for your help!
IMG_0474.JPG

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The tech data sheet does mention the drain pump turning on for 2 minutes, you must of missed that, look on Page 7 in your tech data sheet and you will see that.:)

Do this below:

WPW10481070 Panel-Cntl

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I tested the new controller ( P1C-2 to P1C-4 on page 7 of the tech sheet error 2-2 ) and instead of getting the expected 5v, I got around 8v. Is that normal or further indication the touchpad is bad?
Yes, 8 volts is fine, so the problem is the control panel keypad assembly.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome, keep us posted.

Jake