FIXED 665.12783K310 Kenmore Elite dishwasher does not complete cycles

a1madrid1

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12783K310
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher which just started not complete any cycle besides the Drain Cycle. It will operate for a couple of minutes then it will stop and turn on and off repeatedly. I have tried to run the self-test by pressing the buttons 1-2-3,1-2-3,1-2-3 and after closing the door the "Complete" message will flash random number of sequences then it will beep and turn off. I have also turned off the power supply at the circuit breaker panel overnight trying to reset the dishwasher but nothing seems to fix the problem. What could be the issue???????

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Invoking Service Diagnostics Cycle clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle. Drain and wash motors will pulsate on and off. Operating state returns to Standby upon completing or terminating the Service Diagnostics Cycle.

■ Press Start key to wake up control panel.

■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.

■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ The Diagnostic Cycle has 27 intervals and starts in interval 27 and ends on interval 1. The total time is about 25 minutes.

■ Interval 27 turns all the LEDs on as a display check.

■ Interval 26 turns off all LEDs during pause prior to displaying error codes.

■ Intervals 25 - 24 - 23 - 22 are for error codes, newest to oldest. NOTE: Some models have replaced "CLEAN" with "COMPLETED"

The Clean (or Completed) LED will flash the error codes in two parts. The Clean LED will first flash the function code, pause for 2 seconds then flash the problem code, pause for 5 seconds then repeat three times

■ If there are no errors, Clean or Completed LED will stay on solid for 5 seconds.

■ Interval 21 is a 10 second pause and the Hi-Temp LED will be blinking. Press the Hi-Temp key to clear customer history and error codes.

■ Intervals 20 to 3 is the service diagnostic cycle.

■ Intervals 2 and 1 are for any error codes found during the service test.

a1madrid1

Premium Member
Rick, I performed the Service Diagnostic Cycle as instructed and the Diagnostic Cycle only lasted 3 minutes and 30 seconds before it beeped and turned off. All the lights turned on at the start of the cycle and the screen displayed all cycle options, the bars for the cycle time and the complete message. After I close the door the display only show "COMPLETE". During the 3-1/2 minutes the "Complete" message will flash in numbered sequence like 6 and 4 for 3 times, a long pause then numbered sequence of 6 and 2 for 3 times, a long pause then numbered sequence of 5 and 2 for 3 times, a long pause then finally a numbered sequence of 8 and 1 at which time the "Complete" message will stop displaying and the dishwasher will beep. During this time the "Normal Wash", "Smart Dry" and "Start" lights will be lit. Is there a reason that it is not taking the 25 minutes to complete?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
aah, stop the presses.:)

Rick, this model has that troublesome vent thats been a major issue and shorts out and will cause it NOT to go completely through the diagnostics or complete wash cycle.:)

a1madrid1: Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here: FIXED: KUDE60HXSS5 KitchenAid Dishwasher Fills but then Shuts off

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

a1madrid1

Premium Member
Well Jake, it seems you were right. I disconnected the vent and the unit ran through the Normal wash cycle perfectly. I will be ordering the vent today and will update you on the results once it has been replaced. Thank you for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick, Its funny because my memory is very good about remembering these past dishwasher problems, but with that dryer belt switch in that other thread today I forgot about, that's when my memory goes haywire. LOL

Excellent a1madrid1, glad that was all it was.:)

Jake

a1madrid1

Premium Member
Well I installed the vent this weekend and the dishwasher ran through the complete wash cycle with flying colors. I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. I would have never figured out how to fix it. I will make sure that if I have any issues with any of my appliances to check with you guys first.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new vent fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake