• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.12793K311 Dishes Not Clean Soap comes out early at beginning of cycle

me_rubin

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12793K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Model 665.12793K311 Serial F44522380 Kenmore Elite Dishwasher5 years old.

I looked up this problem in the forums and it seems I might be in for a new control board.

It started with an issue where the dishes were dirty and the soap was laying at the bottom of the dishwasher still intact. We use the PODS.

I tried to put another pod into the dispensor and run a short cycle and the door would not close. I pushed and pulled the red lock and it came out and I could then shut the door.
As soon as I started the dishwasher after about 1 minute I heard the door open and the pod ejected to the bottm where it layed again after the hour short wash.

Now the Pod seems to be ejected always at the beginning of the cycle and it stays intact and dishes remain dirty.

Sounds like I need a new dispenser and maybe a control board... UGGH sounds expenspensive and maybe not worth it for a 5 year old dishwasher.

Could someone please let me know parts I may need so I can order ASAP and replace. This is the worst time of year to be without our dishwasher as we have 10 guest at our house now and washing by hand is a real BUMMER!

If it is too expensive. I might have to have Santa get us a new dishwasher!

Thanks for your help on this one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

me_rubin

Premium Member
Jake that problem ended up with replacing the vent and the control board was returned.

It had been running fine until last week.
So the control board is still the old one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Mike,

When you start a new cycle do you hear it fill with water first before the pod drops?

Do you hear any water splashing in the tub?

Do a RINSE ONLY cycle with no dishes and no pods and post the results.

Jake

me_rubin

Premium Member
The Pod drops within 30 seconds and I never hear the it fill with water.
Doing the Rinse Only cycle, ( Quick Rinse) I did not hear water, and to prove it did not get wet,
I put a paper towel in the lower rack and it started and at completion, it was still dry. So it seems
that maybe the water is either not turning on or the inlet water valve is not working.

What do you think now?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Mike,

Check your float, its inside the front of the tub on the left or right side. Remove any items stuck under the float. Verify that the float moves freely up and down and you hear the “click” of the float switch contacts.

Remove the lower access panel and remove the water inlet valve electrical connector and put your meter leads in it, then start a new cycle and see if your meter reads 120 volts after the cycle starts, if not, the control board is the problem if your float is not stuck UP and your float switch ohm tests good.

When the float is down, the float switch will be closed, which is continuity and should send 120 volts to the fill valve. Ohm test your float switch for continuity when the button on it is pushed in.

If meter DOES read 120 volts after you start a new cycle and no water is coming in, then your water inlet valve is bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
W10872255 Valve-Inlt

This video shows you how to access it: Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve Video

Jake

me_rubin

Premium Member
Float is not stuck No glass or anything holding it up on the inside and putting ohm meter on contact it checks out ok pushing up and down on lever to float switch. So I'll assume the float is ok.

I took off connector to water inlet to measure voltage and started new cycle after 34 seconds I heard door open to soap dish and no change in voltage. I measured across both sides of connector like the picture below.
Once I heard the motor start going the voltage was about 20 volts but never 120. I guess it's time to order the control board. Something to install after Christmas....

168575353.PdGC9oG9.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Once I heard the motor start going the voltage was about 20 volts but never 120. I guess it's time to order the control board.
Yuppers Mike, you nailed it.:)

Here's the control board for your model you can order:
W10866117 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

me_rubin

Premium Member
Jake the part came in after christmas. I reviewed a few videos on the installation of the card to make sure I remembered what was involved switching the two controler cards. I kept it simple swapping out one wire from one card into the next card. in less than 15 minutes the job was done.

Now for the test. I repeated the quick rinse to see if water would come into the dishwasher.
PASSED! This is a good sign.

Step Two - lets do a quick 1 hour cycle. I put soap in the container, a few dishes in the lower and upper parts of the dishwasher and pushed a few buttons and closed the door. I started counting to get past the 30 second point I would hear the soap dispenser open up and drop the soap. 30 seconds, 1 minutes, 2 minutes.... I think its going to work.....

45 minutes later... I am awakened by a Beeping Sound.....

THEN... Oh No The Dreaded Message.... "Cycle stopped due to not enough water. See User Manual"

IMG_2035.jpg

I thought to myself Now what can go wrong... I know we paid the water bill. :) I had previously checked the inlet valve voltage and the float switch. I remember specifically hearing the clicking of the float switch when lifting up and down.

Then I remembered you wanted me to check the switch to see if the I had continuity.

Taking the bottom back off looking under with a flashlight.... UGG :nightmare: I had forgot to snap back the cage to the float micro-switch and the white lever that connects the bottom of the float to the switch had fallen to the floor. :stupid: I also found that screwdriver I was missing under the dishwasher....

So quickly I snapped things back in place, checked the float again, and put the screws back in the bottom pressed the start button and the cycle continued finishing the load of test dishes.

Well So far so Good. Another $400-$600 dollars saved by doing this job myself thanks to Jake and the guys at Applianceblog.com for coming to the rescue. It was a nice Christmas present to myself the feeling of doing it myself again!

Well Happy New Year Jake. Hope this year brings you many more success stories to your Blog. I thank you for the help for this project and all the others in the past. I'll throw a few Shekels back into the Appliance Blog Tip Jar! Mark this one as FIXED! :triumphant:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Mike, good job, glad to hear your back in business.:)

Thanks for the update!

I had forgot to snap back the cage to the float micro-switch and the white lever that connects the bottom of the float to the switch had fallen to the floor.
Don't feel bad, that has happened to me too in the past.:)

Happy New Year to you too!

Thanks for the tip.:)

Jake