• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.12793K311 Kenmore Dishwasher Error code F9E4

Micha

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12793K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I ran diagnostic by pushing 3 buttons 3 times and I get error code F9E4. There is nothing obstructing the lower sprayer arm. Could someone please advise next steps. I saw something online to check for LSA operation/fault detection in interval 10 and interval 3 but I don’t know how to do this. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Error 9-4 on Page 9 as Lower Spray Arm Error

Run the Service Diagnostic cycle and check for the LSA operation/fault detection (Note 10). If failure still exists, then:
3. Disconnect power from the unit and check wiring connection for damage at controlled lower spray arm motor and sensor.

Service Diagnostics Cycle Notes are on Page 3, and I see Note 10 listed there, just follow what it says to do.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#7 is the spray arm assembly.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10543820 - Rev B.pdf
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 63

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If everything checks good out fine for Error Code 9-4 then I'd next check the door vent. Your model has the problematic door vent that causes random errors to show up and not complete a full wash cycle.

Do this first--->Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Micha

Premium Member
Ok so i unplugged the vent like you suggested and all of a sudden it was able to go through a wash cycle. What a screwed up door vent that shows a bogus error. Anyway I’m ordering the part so thank you for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Micha, glad to hear the door vent was the problem.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake