• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.12793K311 Kenmore Dishwasher f3e2 error. Believe thermistor. Where can I locate and troubleshoot? Thx

shawnog

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12793K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
665.1279 Kenmore Dishwasher f3e2 error. Believe thermoistor. Where can I locate and troubleshoot? Thx

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Missing digits. Kenmore model# should be more like 123.45678910
Some model# helps...
https://www.applianceaid.com/model-number.php
https://www.applianceaid.com/appliance-parts-resources.php

f3e2 error

I found, a copy:

CODE: 3-2 or F3E2
PROBLEM: Shorted thermistor/OWI sensor
FIX: Unplug the dishwasher to disconnect electrical power and then check the wiring between the electronic control board and the thermistor/OWI sensor. Repair or replace the wire harness if broken. If you find the wiring undamaged, replace the thermistor/OWI sensor.

jeff sr.

shawnog

Premium Member
Full model number

665.12793K311​

In addition to the f3e2 error I also received F9E4 Error. I did locate a table indicating thrmoistor. However, I cannot locate said part. Also, would there be a test I could check on a multi meter? Thank you - Shawn

jeff1

Staff member
I corrected your model#.

would there be a test I could check on a multi meter?
Unplug the dishwasher to disconnect electrical power and then check the wiring between the electronic control board and the thermistor/OWI sensor. Repair or replace the wire harness if broken. If you find the wiring undamaged, replace the thermistor/OWI sensor.

To me this says checking the wiring, if all ok with the wiring replace the sensors.

K1505064-00007

Sensor #10
Sensor #19

Sorry can't help more.

jeff sr.

shawnog

Premium Member
I purchased a new thermoistor from the link and installed. Still receving the same error. Removed door panel and all wiring appears connected as designed. Do not see anything out of character. What should I try next? Thx - Shawn

jeff1

Staff member
You did both sensors?
If yes, board would be the next prime suspect :(

jeff sr.

jeff1

Staff member
A copy:

9-4 or F9E4Lower spray arm errorCheck for obstructions blocking the lower spray arm from turning. Shut off power to the dishwasher and check the wiring connections on the lower spray arm motor. If the wiring is intact, replace the lower spray arm motorLower spray arm motor

Getting worse.
I am surprised the OWI sensor did not repair it.

Def check the wire harness....go over it thoroughly.

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.