FIXED 665.12793K311 Kenmore Dishwasher Not spraying water

themow

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12793K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I feel like a regular here with this terrible dishwasher. I replaced the lower spray arm motor(yes this unit has a motor for that) and control board 5 months ago. I replaced the vent fan last year.

Unit is filling with water. Spray arm motor spins but no water comes out of the spray arms.

I tested the motor according to the tech sheet and the wash pump motor tests fine. Has the same resistance between each of the three legs all within spec. Its receiving 94v on all three legs to ground when it should be running. sticker says 100v-3.
Its pulling 2 amps through each wire tested with my clamp meter. Motor sticker says .7A. Water is not coming out at all. Just stays in the bottom of the tub.

I tried running it with the vent and fan disconnected but no change.

I removed tho pump to look for a blockage but found nothing. Clog somewhere else?

Im leaning towards a new pump but a little hesitant since the existing pump tests fine. Possibly a bad control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its receiving 94v on all three legs to ground when it should be running. sticker says 100v-3.
Its pulling 2 amps through each wire tested with my clamp meter. Motor sticker says .7A. Water is not coming out at all. Just stays in the bottom of the tub.
Is the wash motor running or humming at all with 94 volts to it?

If not, then your wash motor is bad, or there is a object in it jamming it up from running.

Here's the wash motor for your model:

Jake

themow

Premium Member
New motor, still no spray. Possibly the diverter? Is the diverter part of the lower spray arm motor on this unit?

themow

Premium Member
Its fixed. Kind of.
I decided since it was not spraying still to check into the diverter. I took the diverter white disc, and now its spraying. Evidently, it was blocking the flow of water from getting to the spray arms. I think i am just going to leave it off. I suppose the diverter motor is bad. I was hearing a clicking that i thought was the wash pump but I guess not. Any harm in letting water flow to the lower spray arm, upper spray arm and the turbo zone all at the same time?
Think there is insufficient flow from the motor to sufficiently clean? So sick of this unit.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Any harm in letting water flow to the lower spray arm, upper spray arm and the turbo zone all at the same time?
Thats a good question, but I don't know, I've never done that before myself.

Here's the diverter motor for your model:
Diverter Motor W10843811

Jake

themow

Premium Member
Its fixed. The diverter disc was bound up on something. I found nothing in there but its back together and pumping fine. What a PITA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job. (y)

Are you referring to this part here in this video:

Jake

themow

Premium Member
Ok so it's back to not spraying. It's clicking when the diverter motor should be switching from top spray to bottom spray. You can't remove the disc because there is not enough pressure to get all the dishes clean. The pump is fine, it's definitely the diverter assembly. Motor is stripped or something because you can hear the gears clicking. I just replaced this motor in may. What a crock.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You replaced the diverter motor last May?

Did you buy if from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic? If so you always have a 365 day warranty on all parts. Contact them, they will send another new one for free.

Jake

themow

Premium Member
I bought it locally and there is only a 90 day warranty. The diverter motor is fine. I bench tested it. I put a set of leads to the diverter motor while the unit was running. It gets 120v as the unit switched from top spray to bottom spray. Occasionally when its getting 120v the diverter motor clicks and then the spraying stops. The diverter is getting stuck and the clicking I'd the gears slipping. I've had the motor apart. Gears are all fine. No slop or broken gears. I'm thinking that somehow the diverter disc is getting jammed inside the assembly.. everything looks fine in there. This is infuriating

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I haven't run into that problem before on any of my service calls.

Check and make sure the diverter plate is aligned and "snapped"/locked in place.

Jake

themow

Premium Member
Think I've figured it out. Somehow the diverter disc is sliding up the shaft while the unit is running. This gives it just enough space to slide off it's groove. Your response about it clipping in made me look here. On my unit, the disc just slides down, there is no clipping in. Is it supposed to clip? I thought that the pump outlet cover held the disc down low enough but it doesn't. Is there a spacer that goes between the diverter disc and the gray outlet cover? I don't see a part# or anything like that in the diagram.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Watch the video link I posted in post #7 above, it shows you how it clips in on the shaft.

Jake