• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.12793K311 Kenmore dishwasher stop working

Wood0716

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12793K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi, all.
My kenmore elite stop working mid cycle a couple months ago. It turned on for a few minutes but then and I hear some noise and it stop running. I got a message saying “cycle stopped due to motor error if persists, call Sears”. I open the door and it was a little water in the bottom. So I googled how to check codes and I tried the 1-2-3 sequence where you open and close the door and got codes F8E4, F5E1. F8E4 came up drain pump so I went in and checked the hoses to make sure it was clear and I didn’t see anything. Recently since now I’m tired of doing dishes I decided to try to fix it again. I did the diagnostic 1-2-3 sequence again and the codes now came up F4F4, F6E2 and F8F4. Can someone help? I don’t understand these codes and why then up now since I haven’t used the dishwasher since the stopped working.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your model has the problem door vent that would cause this problem. Do this first--->Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I located another member that had this same message and there was a broke piece of glass in the drain pump, I'd first remove the drain pump and check for glass in there.

Here's his thread:

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10531320

Here's a video for others following your thread, that shows you how to access the drain pump, it's very simple, it just twists off. It starts at the 2:00 mark of the video:

Jake

Wood0716

Premium Member
Thanks, I will do that. Also, I cleared the codes, ran a wash cycle it stopped within a minute and then I ran a diagnostic check . I did this 3 times and the code that came up F4E4 all 3 times. All the other codes are gone.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

F4E4--->Page 7 WASH MOTOR/MOTOR FAILURE

Here's the wash motor for your model you can order if needed: W10894668

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10543820 - Rev B.pdf
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 21