• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.12793K311 Kenmore Elite "Add Dish" Error Code F6 F4

TRM2

Premium Member
Model Number
665.12793K311
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher that is stopping during the cycle. The message on the front panel says "Add Dish" and the message on the top panel says "Press Start to Resume". I open and close the door and it wil start again but a few seconds later I get the same message. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

TRM2

Premium Member
I also did a diagnostic by pressing the 3 buttons on the left 3 times. All the lights came on, but no diagnostic result. Lights are still on.

Chris Engelbrecht

Premium Member
Im not the expert on this page but from reading others issues I would say youll want to test the Door Switch. All the lights on the Diagnoistics result should turn off when you close the door then it will start the service run.

TRM2

Premium Member
Thanks Chris - you are more of an expert than me!! ;-)

I got F6F4 as the error code. I drained the water sitting under the element and then did the diagnostic again, and got the same error code. Any ideas from this code??

Cheers,

Tony

Chris Engelbrecht

Premium Member
I had same code problem. One thing to try hit start in diagnoistics mode to pass the 4 codes. Then the hi temp light will blink and you hit the hi temp button to to clear codes. Try that and see if ur code comes back when you re run diagnostics

TRM2

Premium Member
No change. I think the key to the problem is the "Add a Dish" message on the front. When it stops, I can press Cancel and the machine drains ok.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Error Code F6 F4 is float switch open.

I was able to locate the service manual for this model, Page 4-9 here: Dropbox - 22110313 Sears Kenmore Elite 2013 Stainless Steel Tall Tub Dishwasher Service Manual.pdf

When you move the float switch up and down you should hear a clicking sound, also remove the float and look underneath it for something jammed/stuck underneath it, that will also cause this error code.

Here's the float switch for your model you can order if needed:
Float Switch WPW10195039

Watch this video to access it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

TRM2

Premium Member
Jake,

You are the man!! Thanks again for your great advice. Over the years you have help me many times with various appliances.

I lifted the float and heard no clicking. I managed to open the right and left covers without removing the door. I took the switch lever off and put it back on again and moved it up and down and heard the click. I replaced the covers and ran the machine and it worked perfectly!

Thanks a million Jake.

Cheers,

Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tony, good job.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Steve686

Premium Member
Im not the expert on this page but from reading others issues I would say youll want to test the Door Switch. All the lights on the Diagnoistics result should turn off when you close the door then it will start the service run.

I did the diagnostic test by doing the 123,123,123 and all the lights came one. But when I close the door nothing happens. All the lights stay on and I don't hear anything. I don't think it's the door switch because I just replaced it after "Add a Dish" and "Washing" would blink after I pressed start and closed the door. But I still think it has something to do with the control board not recognizing that the door is closed. What else could it be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

Do you have the exact same model number as Tony? 665.12793K311?

The model number tag should be inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Steve,

Then I'd say its the control board that's the culprit.

Here's the control board for your model: Whirlpool W10813313 Cntrl-Elec

Check your warranty in your owner's manual, some of these control boards have up to a 5 yr. warranty(Parts Only) on them from Sears.

Jake