FIXED 665.1283 Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Stops and Starts

AlaskaChick

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Help! I live in Alaska and qualified techs are few and far between. My last guy basically gave up. The dishwasher starts the cycle, runs for a few minutes, gets the dishes wet, then it stops, the lights go out, then it clicks and comes back on. I had the guy out and he checked the codes - he got 66 for incoming water too cold and 31 for a thermistor error. He tried a new control board, same issue, pulled the bottom cover and fiddled around and it started working - he thought maybe it was a crimped wire. It worked for about 10 days and then failed again. He was here again but gave up on it. Any ideas????

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

AlaskaChick

Premium Member
Well I'm just about the happiest person right now! After the repair guy gave up, I turned to Google and found this great site. Enlisted hubby's help - we removed the door, disconnected the wires from the dryer vent assembly and it ran thru all the different cycles flawlessly. Reconnected the wires and it failed on the first try. Ordered the new part and got it installed and everything back together - I've got a working dishwasher just in time for company and hubby has reconfirmed that he is impressed by my mad research skills!!! Now do I call the repair guy and let him know what I found?????

FYI - I checked out a couple of the YouTube vids to walk us thru the door removal, etc....most of them assume you are going to replace the vent assembly and have you remove the vent cover - do not do this for testing - only when it comes time to replace the part.

Thanks guys - couldn't have done it without you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent AlaskaChick, glad to hear the new door vent fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Now do I call the repair guy and let him know what I found?????
Sure you can, Paying it Forward is always good Karma.:)

You can tell the tech. to come to our site and type this door vent part number WPW10469574 into our searchbox and the tech will find many members that we've helped with this same fix. That's the key to our site is keeping a running BLOG(LOG) of our repairs since 2004.:p

If you see my friend Jesse James in Wasilla, Alaska tell him I said hi and to come back to Arizona to visit soon, I have a job lined up for him. Not a bank job. LOL

Jake