Status
Not open for further replies.

toughguy5

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13104K901
Brand
Sears Kenmore
ok, first problem I had was the dishwasher stopping in mid cycle and the washing light and green light blinking. I pushed the button and the dishwasher started washing again, 15 to 20 minutes later it would stop and do the same thing, push the button and it would start again,

I thought maybe a bad turbidity switch, I disconnected switch and ran dishwasher it ran not the turbidity switch. then I thought it was the control board, put in new board, anddddd it happened again, I thought it was the door switch....new switch.......now I am at a loss.

sometimes the board will go out with no lights blinking, them come back on with the green light blinking. could it be the touchpad? thanks all

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check the ribbon connectors first. Look for a pinched wire.

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control board or the keypad.

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad assembly if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the control panel keypad for your model:
WPW10253579 Panel-Cntl

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

toughguy5

Premium Member
If the control board board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad assembly if the control board responds OK.
that's exactly what happened, its the touchpad......I ordered a new one and will update when installed, Thank you Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, yes let us know how it goes after you replace the control panel keypad assembly.

Jake

toughguy5

Premium Member
hi Jake, just replaced the new touch panel and loaded the dishwasher and prayed it worked...……...ok, it started and ran good, then I was in the kitchen cleaning and the dishwasher just shutoff dead. I stood there pissed, waited and watched. then the board light up and the green start light started blinking and I pushed it and the dishwasher started again, could it be the thermal fuse? thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, when the thermal fuse goes bad, nothing lights up.

Check the wiring that goes down the door to the bottom, you may have a frayed or shorted wire were the door bends at the bottom of the door.

Jake

toughguy5

Premium Member
Jake, I have finally found out the problem with my dishwasher, funny it was not the turbidly sensor, nor was it one of the 5 control boards I ordered from sears. I did some more research on this dishwasher and I began looking for the High Limit switch, which is located on the bottom of the tub, right behind the kick panel, it shuts down the dishwasher if it gets to hot during the cycle. so I ordered the part and installed it and BOOM...dishwasher works, friggin awesome !!!!! thanks for your input here. here is the part I ordered High Limit Thermostat WP661566. thanks for your help. hope this helps someone else.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good find. (y)

That High Limit Thermostat WP661566 only controls the heating element. When that goes bad it just stops heating. You never mentioned it wasn't heating or I would of told you to ohm test it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

toughguy5

Premium Member
Jake, the heating rod was good and was heating/drying the dishes. I ohmed both the switch and the rod and they tested good. I just replaced the switch and the dishwasher came back to life...… 1 week and 2 loads a day later with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.