665.13123K703 Water Remains Cold

Carbo

Premium Member
Model
665.13123K703
Brand
Sears Kenmore
20190416_220722.jpgGoing through the hell of a new kitchen. It's been 3 weeks and counting. The usual setbacks, delays, and screw ups. Fired the first contractor when I realized he couldn't have possibly lifted a tool of any kind prior to walking into my kitchen. But that's another story for another time.
Making progress, maybe 85% finished. Water hookup a few days ago, (I was quite tired of washing dishes with the garden hose). Turned on the dishwasher for the first time in about 3 weeks and the wash cycle never got hot. It's 9 years old.
So, what went wrong? Did the fired knucklehead somehow screw up the dishwasher installation? Is that even possible? From what I see, (check photo), the hot water valve on the lower left is connected to the dishwasher. And for what it's worth, we have hot water from the sink. Am I looking at another expense in my kitchen remodel hell?

Last edited:

Carbo

Premium Member
Did some further checking and found that when I ran the hot water on the sink, the line from the upper right valve got warm. It's a braided line with blue threads. I also looked at a before photo and saw that the refrigerator line was on the lower left valve. Now, it's been connected to the lower right valve. So it appears the lines were switched.
It's late and I'll make the switch tomorrow. I assume it's not a problem that the hot and cold lines are opposite the usual?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
HOT should always be on the LEFT.

But its not unusual to see just the opposite, just as long as the dishwasher is connected to the HOT side water supply.:)

Jake

Carbo

Premium Member
Hi, Jake. The house is about 35 years old. I suppose they did things differently back then. . .or the plumber was cross-eyed or came back from a 3 martini lunch.
I'll just switch the lines. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Carbo, sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake