FIXED 665.13153K701 Kenmore dishwasher wont drain

Gafarmer

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13153K701
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore dishwasher 66513153K701 does not drain properly. Pushing "Cancel drain" several times will sometimes do it. Took drain line loose and water does drain thru it. Cleaned filter. Reset codes as well. Where can I find manual to trouble shoot pump, control panel,etc or is the sheet under the backplate all there is?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When you press the Cancel Drain button it should drain every time, when you say sometimes do you hear any sound at all when you press Cancel/Drain and it doesn't drain?

Pressing the Cancel/Drain only runs the drain pump/motor.

Now is the problem that when you press the cancel/drain button nothing happens? Like that button doesn't even respond? No light above that button comes on? Is that what your saying per having to press it several times?

If that button is responding but now no sound at all from the drain pump, then you would have to use a multimeter to volt check the electrical terminals that connect to the drain pump for 120 volts when you press the cancel/drain button.

Put both multimeter probes in both electrical terminals that go to the drain pump, it doesn't matter which multimeter probes go in either of the 2 electrical terminals.

When you click the link to the drain pump below you will see a HOW TO video to access/replace it.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10348269

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Gafarmer

Premium Member
Replaced pump. When Cancel/Drain is pushed there is a humming noise and sometimes a sound like pump is running for a few seconds. Pump that was removed turns freely so I guess that was not money well spent. Anything other than control board suspect?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you absolutely sure you checked the drain hose completely for clogs? There is a backflow check valve in the elbow of the drain hose, if that is clogged it will never drain properly.

Here's our main thread on it:
That thread shows the black elbow which has the backflow check valve in it. Check it for clogs.

Kathryn and Tom found it clogged up, post #26 and post #27 and post #29.

Here's that drain hose with the elbow in it that contains the backflow check valve:
WPW10545278 Drain Hose

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Gafarmer

Premium Member
More confused than ever. Disconnected the drain hose and looked at the black elbow. No sign of a check valve! I can see the plump impeller where I disconnected the elbow. Put my little finger in the elbow and can feel nothing even around the bend. Starting to feel like my village may be missing the idiot!

Gafarmer

Premium Member
Correction, the black rubber elbow states that there is a check valve inside. No idea how to access it to see if it is clogged.

Gafarmer

Premium Member
For a 1" hose and completely bypassed the drain hose and check valve. Everything works fine so I guess I will pull the washer out from under the cabinet and get the hose loose. PIA with there being 3 /4" wood flooring in the way. Thanks for the help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
(y) I know I'm getting old and forgetful but I'm not losing it quite yet.:p

Good find!

Jake