• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.13263K111 Kenmore dishwasher click click click

jaymonji

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13263K111
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore 665.13263K111

Water was leaking from the bottom of the unit and dishes were dirty. Unit wasn't draining all the way. Went down the rabbit hole of repair blogs, and (long story short) I found an aftermarket o-ring (or grommet not sure what it's officially called) that slips on the diverter shaft and replaced that. Leaking stopped. Hooray! Ran a test cycle, and heard an intermittent "click" coming from the diverter itself. Unit still wasn't draining all the way. Figured the solenoid was shot from it constantly getting wet. Ordered a new diverter and replaced that. Success! That's what I did...NOW........here we are at the present issue.

Everything seemed to work okay at first. Now, after a test cycle or 2, there is a constant intermittent clicking coming from the washer. Unit seems to be draining (from what I can tell), but the dishes are all coming out with baked-on pieces of food debris. Something isn't right. Funny how you fix one thing, then another thing starts acting up. Thought I was doing some good detective work there, now I'm just getting ticked-off. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can you please make a video of this happening with your iphone or android and upload it here?

Thanks,

Jake

jaymonji

Premium Member
Sorry for the delayed response. Funny thing, the clicking stopped, and now there is more of a crackling noise (hard to describe). Only seems to happen when it is discharging water. Here is the video of the sound.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I hear it.

Sounds like a seed or something is rattling around in your drain pump.

I'd remove the drain pump and see what's rattling in there, when you click the link to the drain pump below, you will see a video of how to remove and replace it.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10348269

Jake

jaymonji

Premium Member
The saga continues..
UGGHHH!! Now that I've changed the bad diverter AND the drain pump, the dishes are sparkling clean, but I am now experiencing a heavy leak -which at first appeared to be coming from the drain pump, until I bought a second drain pump to be sure, and noticed it's still leaking. Seems to leak the whole time, not just when it's draining. Observe the video link. This is quite frustrating and getting quite expensive. Every time I solve a problem, another problem surfaces further downstream.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you sure you have the drain pump in place properly?

Remove it and check the rubber seal that goes around it to make sure its on properly before you re-install it again.

Jake

jaymonji

Premium Member
There are 3 tabs that lock in place, and there seem to be 2 ways it will go on. I checked the o-ring (on both of the new ones), and even put some petrol gel on the first one. I suppose I could have hooked both up in the incorrect position - but when I attempted to put it one of them on the adjacent tab, that little metal transformer part seemed to be pressing against the floor, so I put it back the other way. When I get home tomorrow, I'll try to move it again. If you look really close at the video, you can see which way I have it in. Perhaps I'll find a video of someone else putting this part in to see how they have it oriented.

jaymonji

Premium Member
Just watched the video link above in the old comment. Mine never locked! Should have watched it before I put it in. :oops:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There you go, yes it has to lock in place.:)

Glad that was all it was!

Jake