FIXED 665.13293K112 Kenmore Ultra Wash will not drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Tom, by chance did you just install a new garbage disposal before this problem happened?

If so, then you forgot to knockout the plastic knockout peice for the dishwasher port, Take a hammer and screwdriver and knockout the knockout plug in that port connector on the garbage disposal.

Jake

Klabiuk

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I don't have a garbage disposal. The drain loop hose connects to the drain hose which goes directly into the plumbing under the sink. Those hoses are clear on our dishwasher. We figured this out by removing the elbow from the drain pump and blowing directly into it, which pushed the water through the drain loop hose and the drain hose. When we did that the water gushed out.

TomE55

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply!

The tube from the dishwasher to the disposal is clear, I took that out completely and ran water from a hose through it.

(BTW, I did put in a new disposal and did knock out the plug.)

It's the tube that that extension connects to that I cannot blow through. It looks like it runs up the side of the dishwasher.

My understanding is that it is the same tube as the one with the elbow on it that connects to the pump.

Should i be able to blow through both ends of that tube?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jake,

I don't have a garbage disposal. The drain loop hose connects to the drain hose which goes directly into the plumbing under the sink. Those hoses are clear on our dishwasher. We figured this out by removing the elbow from the drain pump and blowing directly into it, which pushed the water through the drain loop hose and the drain hose. When we did that the water gushed out.
Ok Kathryn, got it!

Then yes wait till your new drain pump arrives, that's all it could be at this point.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for your reply!

The tube from the dishwasher to the disposal is clear, I took that out completely and ran water from a hose through it.

(BTW, I did put in a new disposal and did knock out the plug.)

It's the tube that that extension connects to that I cannot blow through. It looks like it runs up the side of the dishwasher.

My understanding is that it is the same tube as the one with the elbow on it that connects to the pump.

Should i be able to blow through both ends of that tube?
Yes Tom, you should be able to, both ends. If it still seems blocked then remove that loop hose from the side of your dishwasher and see where the blockage is at.

Jake

Klabiuk

Premium Member
Hi Tom,

We bought a new drain pump and that did nothing.

So we investigated the hoses again. You can only blow through the drain loop hose in one direction NOT both (as we thought you could earlier) as - unbeknownst to us - there is a backflow valve in the black elbow connected to the drain loop hose that disconnects from the drain pump. If you stick your fingers in there far (to where the black elbow meets the drain loop hose) there is a flap. We just discovered that ours had lots of crud in it. We cleaned it up. Ran the water through it and it gushed out! Finally!!!

I hope that helps you too.

Thanks for all your help Jake!
Kathryn

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good find Kathryn.:)

So its in this black elbow from Toms photo here:

(click to enlarge)
007.jpg

Jake

Klabiuk

Premium Member
Yes! That's where we found a back flow valve. Hopefully this is Toms issue too. Was just 2 little grape stems and I MEAN tiny! Did a load last night and presto - perfect dishes :)

TomE55

Premium Member
Thank you thank you thank you!

I was set to pull out the dishwasher and clean out the tube. Your replay came in the nick of time.

My finger found the crude. I pulled the garden hose inside (don't tell my wife) and flushed that crude right out of there. I also ran a bottle of vinegar through it.

It's working perfectly now.

Thanks to everybody for your help!

I love this place.:D

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tom, Kathryn pointed you in the right direction.:)

Glad we all worked together to solve this mystery, I haven't been on these newer Kenmore 665 models (made by Whirlpool) as of yet, so having Kathryn find that helped you fix yours too.:)

Jake

Klabiuk

Premium Member
I can't believe how much I love clean dishes! I hope Tom you are having the same experience. Our dishwasher works like brand new again. So glad to have found this blog and grateful for your expertise too Jake. Thanks!

Helix1

Premium Member
Have similar problem as what is listed in this thread...my first thought was the pump. I bought a new one and changed it out, but the problem of water not pumping out of the bottom continued. After a day or so of wondering what was going on and having checked the pump again along with drains and filters, I saw the tube portion of this thread and pulled off the elbow connector with the back flow valve...checked it with my finger and found nothing...blew in it and nothing went through. I began working my way back along the drain system, first to the sink, then to the food processor and blew in each hose...found it wasn't any of the hoses at all, it was the two way vent that sits above the sink! There were two seeds, some of my kids acrylic/glitter jewlery flowers (um...don't know what to say about that...???) they were all lodged in there.

I cleaned that sucker out of the beads/seeds and garbage around them that had built up and put it all back together.

It is a fantastic sound to hear water drain...this forum has saved me at least four times since I joined some years back - I never leave here dissatisfied. Before I come to this site, I hear my wife's bitter complaints daily about how much she hates appliances, but once they work again the tune changes to how much she loves them :p

Thanks for the great work and keeping this site going!

Best regards,

Joseph

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Joseph, good job on yours too, that device that sits above the sink is called the air vent/anti-siphon device, and I've seen seeds and pits get clogged in there too.:)

Jake

LLCoolJ

Help!! My dishwasher won't drain nor does it have any power. Breaker is on and it is plugged in. No lights on door to indicate it is getting any power. I am not at all handy but I thought I'd give you guys a try.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Without a model number, we're dead in the water. Read it from the tag on the machine.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Skooba

Premium Member
Hey there. When you say there is a flap through the black elbow, should I be able to push through it with my finger? I basically feel a smooth plastic wall, can’t make it budge. I’ve tried applying a bit of force but it just doesn’t move.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Skooba,

Please start a new thread with the model number of your dishwasher and we will help you.

I'm closing this thread as its a few years old already.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.