• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.13409N410 Kenmore dishwasher door leak

Craig Snyder

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13409N410
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Door leak seems to be coming from the right side facing the dishwasher. I replaced the inner door seal but it still leaks. I don't see any obvious damage to lower door seal. I noticed that the door is not in the center of the opening. The door is offset to the left perhaps 1/8". This could be preventing the door from closing against the seal on the right side. When I watched a video on hinge replacement the Kitchenaid dishwasher in the video had guides down low on the door that would center the door upon closing. My Kenmore unit does not have such guides. I can't help but wonder if they would help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Craig,

Before we help you with this one, please update your previous thread here:
So we know what the final result was.

Thanks!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Craig for updating your previous thead.(y)

I noticed that the door is not in the center of the opening. The door is offset to the left perhaps 1/8". This could be preventing the door from closing against the seal on the right side. When I watched a video on hinge replacement the Kitchenaid dishwasher in the video had guides down low on the door that would center the door upon closing. My Kenmore unit does not have such guides. I can't help but wonder if they would help.
No, that shouldn't be the case for yours or it would have leaked from Day 1, you see what I mean?

You may have a bad lower spray arm, look here:

Here's the lower spray arm for your model: W10849471

Jake