• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.13444K900 Not running the drain cycle

kocuba

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13444K900
Brand
Sears Kenmore
So I opened my dishwasher after I thought the cycle was done and the dishes were clean only to find it filled with water and soap. It looks like it made into the wash cycle as the detergent door was opened.

I pressed the Cancel/Drain button and nothing happened. I've tried the various system resets, including unplugging and nothing seems to help.

I've removed the lower drain hose and all of the water did drain out. I was also able to blow thru the hose and it is not clogged there.

I can start a new wash cycle, but I'm afraid of overfilling. Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So you don't hear any sound at all when you press cancel/drain?

Did you buy this dishwasher brand new? Or used?

Its either the control board or pump/motor assembly, the control board is No Longer Available, and the pump/motor assembly is over $350, so it would be more wise to buy a new dishwasher.

Maytags start at $479 on sale.

Here's the pump/motor assembly for your model:
W10428780 PUMP&MOTOR

Jake

kocuba

Premium Member
I bought it brand new. I recently(6 months ago) replaced the control board(front panel) for the start button no longer working.

I had a feeling it was going to be the motor. And as such already started the search. Any way I can tell it is the pump/motor vs the control board? If it's the pump I might try a recover some of the cost of the control board.

Thanks
Dave

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to look at your tech. data sheet and see what wires to the pump/motor assembly get 120 volts when it should be draining. Then use a multimeter to see if those wires from the control board are getting 120 volts when it should be draining. If NO 120 volts when it should be draining, then you have a bad control board.

I don't have the tech. data sheet for this model. Yours should be behind your bottom access panel near the floor.

Jake