665.13463K902 Kenmore dishwasher won't start

Scott58

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13463K902
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have replaced the thermal fuse 3 times before i discovered the reset code, heated, normal, heated, normal. It worked enough to drain the water, i then found that i could run the rinse cycle but that was all.
If i tried normal wash the lights would flash and the drying light stayed on all the time then suddenly nothing, i was able to drain the water but now the code doesn't work and the heated dry and normal wash stays on for about 30 seconds.

Corrected model number

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

That model number isn't pulling up as good, your missing a digit between the "6" and the "K".

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Scott,

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control or the keypad. To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the control panel keypad assembly for your model:
WPW10137552 Panel-Cntl

Let us know what you find.

Jake