• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.13473N411 Kenmore Dishwasher not draining

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertlaw79

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13473N411
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello I have a Kenmore Model 665.13473N411. It started to leave several inches of water in the tub and would only drain if I did the manual hold the start button for 3 seconds, and then it would clear the water. Now that is no longer working and there is no noise at all when I try to drain it. I replaced the drain pump WPW10348269 thinking that was the problem, but that has not fixed the issue, still no noise when trying to drain and a tub full of water.

Any help you could give would be so appreciated.
Thanks!

robertlaw79

Premium Member
I also checked all hoses and the sump for clogs and the drain line is well above the inlet to the garbage disposal. Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check your voltage with a multimeter at the drain pump electrical terminal wires, it should be 120 volts at the drain pump when its in the drain cycle.

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board W10751502

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick beat me, LOL, Rick that's not the correct control board sir.:)

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
OH! I know what happened, he was piggybacking on a thread with a different model number. That's the control for the model in the thread. I missed that Oops. Good catch Jake! Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's what I thought might of happened.:)

Jake

robertlaw79

Premium Member
Thanks a lot!!! So I am clear this is the control board I need?
I was worried I might have to replace the whole motor assembly..... Thanks to both of you, I'll let you know what happens.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Robert, W10751502 is the correct control board for your model.

Did you get 120 volts at the drain motor electrical connectors when you put it in cancel/drain?

Jake

robertlaw79

Premium Member
I don't have a volt meter, so I am just going to replace it and hope for the best, if it still doesn't work I'll return it. Arrives tomorrow. Just checking....Thanks for all the help. I'll keep you posted!

rickgburton

Staff member
..... I am just going to replace it and hope for the best, .....
Bad idea my friend. That way will get very expensive, very fast. Maybe not this time but eventually. A DMM will set you back less than $20 and takes 10 - 15 minutes to learn. If you plan to do more appliance repairs this should be your next purchase. They are available at any of the home centers.
Snapshot_1.jpg

robertlaw79

Premium Member
You are clearly right. I am one of those people who knows enough to be dangerous... haha. If I get a volt meter do you know of any videos I can watch where to test it? I’m embarrassed that I am not sure where to test per your recommendation. Thanks again.

rickgburton

Staff member
I am not sure where to test per your recommendation.
Set your meter on VAC stick your meter leads in the back of the two wire connector on the drain pump or disconnect the wire connector and put your meter leads in the connector (one in each wire), then turn the dishwasher to a drain cycle and check for 120 VAC. Make sure you're on AC and not DC volts.
AC DC elec symbl.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Robert, glad to hear the new control board fixed it. (y)

I had a service call yesterday in Quartzsite, Arizona on a 10 month old KitchenAid dishwasher with this exact same problem, when I hit the cancel/drain button the button responds and lights up, but it does nothing, no sound at all, and I'm not getting 120 volts at the drain motor, so I ordered a new control board too.

Jake

robertlaw79

Premium Member
That’s how mine started and then the cancel/drain stopped working all together. Replacing the control board is WAY easier than the drain pump and worked for me thanks to these guys. Email me at robertjlaw79@gmail.com if you want the YouTube video I used to replace the board. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.