665.13549N412 Leaking from Front Left Corner

whitedragon551

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13549N412
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore 665.13549N412 leaking from the front left corner. It was only happening during a dry cycle, but now appears during a wash cycle as well. I have replaced the rubber door seal even though it didnt appear to have any issues. The water is clean, not dirty. The leak is starting and it is getting the white dampener behind the door wet and then it is leaking once that mat is saturated.

Once it starts leaking, I have opened the door and reviewed all of the gaskets and they dont appear to be wet, the door jam doesnt appear to be wet, and nothing under neath the dishwasher as far as hoses are leaking.

Unsure of what else to check next? I was thinking about maybe removing the gray plastic at the bottom of the inside door to see if anything is stuck or needs repair there, but am unsure of how to remove this trim piece.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean this part:

Here's the parts diagram that shows it:
(click to enlarge)
K1507159-00004.png
Its #2 in that parts diagram, held into place by that screw #4.

All you do is remove all the outer door panel screws, then that outer door panel will pull up and off, then you can access it, also see if you see any water stains coming from the dispenser or vent that may be dripping down to the bottom left corner and leaking on the floor.

Jake

whitedragon551

Premium Member
Appears to be water stains on the inside of the door near the vent area. Part number 5 specifically. I took the vent off and cleaned it up. Gasket doesnt appear to be replaceable, but also didnt appear to be worn or ripped anywhere. Im running a cycle after cleaning up the gasket and inside that vent piece to see if it continues to leak.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, let us know if it still leaks, maybe it wasn't a tight seal.

If it still leaks, I'd replace it.

Here it is for your model::
WPW10469575 Vent

Jake