• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.13562K700 Flashing 'clean' light

Shinnen

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi,
We've had this flashing clean light problem for about 2 weeks. When it starts, somewhere during the cycle, we reset the control panel, the machine goes through it's cycle and turns off. When we run another load of dishes, the same thing happens during the cycle (I haven't determined where yet). Any suggestion are appreciated.
Thanks,
... john
reset regimen ..... Heated Dry/Normal Wash/Heated Dry/Normal Wash

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Clean light flashing 7 times?

If so: The control is designed to stop the cycle and not allow any further cycles if it suspects a faulty heater circuit. Clean LED blinks 7 times and repeats and disables the start resume key until cleared. Running the Service Diagnostics clears the control and allows normal operation. If not corrected the control will stop again on the next cycle, or run much longer than normal and won't get passed the rinse cycle.

[video=youtube;Hv7xOaucH7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7xOaucH7I[/video]

So it's either a bad heating element or a bad control board.

You'll need to ohm test your element first with a multimeter Also, feel all around your heating element for cracks or pits/bumps in it. If you find no cracks or pits/bumps in it, you'll need to then test it with a multimeter per the video below, make sure you turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first!

[video=youtube;lZCP55aScvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCP55aScvI[/video]

Here's the heating element for your model you can order:
Heating Element W10518394

Watch this video to replace the heating element or to access the element terminals which are all the way in the back.

[video=youtube;xX5-ruvqZaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX5-ruvqZaI[/video]

If the element tests fine, then its a bad control board, here's the control board for your model you can order:
Electronic Control Board WPW10285180

Jake

Shinnen

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. And thanks for the video. I will have a look to see if I can figure out the problem.
Is it helpful to determine at what stage the 'clean' light comes on?
Is Kenmore made by Whirlpool?
..... john

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes John, It's important to make sure you count the blinking clean lights and make sure they count 7 in sequence. That way we know for sure its the faulty heater circuit, as I mentioned above.

If so, ohm test the heating element, But first feel all around your heating element for cracks or pits/bumps in it, if you feel bumps/pits/cracks in it, then we know for sure the heating element is what you will need to order and replace.

Yes, all Kenmore 665 models are made by Whirlpool.

Jake

Shinnen

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
For some reason the blinking clean light has stopped happening. The only thing I did was push the door latch in and out a couple of times, but I doubt that that fixed it. If it starts again I will know what to check.
Thanks again for your help.
...... john

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok John, Yea I doubt that fixed it too.

Yes, check what I mentioned when it happens again.

Jake