FIXED 665.13693N411 Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher not working correctly

scottkeltner

Premium Member
Ok so if I’m seeing that correctly I want to measure the resistance between the two small circles just to the left of the P5 label? If so, it read 1 ohm.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
What's the resistance between the two light blue wires (disconnect the connector).

scottkeltner

Premium Member
The resistance of the two light blue wires going to the motor are 9.4 ohms when disconnected from the board but still connected to the motor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd say the problem lies in the control board, Rick do you agree? If he has no pinched wires to the motor.

Scott, did the control board come in a box with plenty of packing in it? The box looked clean and not crudy/beat-up looking and NOT double tapped?

Jake

scottkeltner

Premium Member
The control board LOOKED all good packaging wise. I feel like it’s a bad board too but when I initially installed it, it DID fix the voltage problem to the diverter. But then that failed again after a day as well. As if something is causing the board to go bad.

scottkeltner

Premium Member
So I have now ordered another entire pump assembly and control board. The pump has arrived, but the control board has not yet. When these arrive, I will install both of them. Once that is done, do I need to run the diagnostic cycle through one time before attempting to run a wash? At this point I feel like I should just have bought a new dishwasher, however, it's more personal now I'm just determined to fix the damn thing! Thanks all for the help, I will keep you posted.

SDbackout

Premium Member
I have the same dishwasher and read the whole thread. I feel I have the same issue, it drains, it lets water in, but the pump does not come on. We noticed the soap on the bottom pan not dissolved. I was hopping for a resolution but there was no final "yes that did it". I don't want to spend $200 on a $400 dollar appliance........
Just finished the diagnostic cycle and started the 1 hour cycle and noticed that it is spraying water. I opened the door and there was spray.
I tried the quick rinse but I did not hear the pump. I will attempt the 1 hour again and see.
Can't duplicate it. But I did notice that the float that connects to lever and then switch never disengages, the water level never gets high enough.
Could the water inlet valve go bad by not allowing enough water in? Some gets in but not enough to move the float.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The water fill is timed. The float switch is a safety device that breaks the circuit to the fill valve. That way if the drain pump stops working or the drain hose gets clogged, you don't get a double fill and end up with water all over the floor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think folks are overthinking this, it's quite simple if your getting 120 volts to wash motor and its not running, the wash motor is toast.

Look at post #7 here:

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing.

It seems your wash motor is intermittently working SD which is a nightmare to nail down, until it stops working completely. SD when you do NOT hear the wash motor running after it fills, that's the time to check for 120 volts at the wash motor.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good SD, let us know.:)

Jake

SDbackout

Premium Member
I checked the voltage. I attached pictures of the two places I checked. Both read 120v during the quick rinse cycle. What do you guys think?
I checked the rear, what I am amusing is the wash motor. and I also checked the voltage on the blue wires going to (??? I don't know what that is), both had 120v during the beginning of the cycle.
Dishwasher 01.jpg
Dishwasher 02.jpg

SDbackout

Premium Member
My wife is pushing me to buy a new one. But I'm not ready to spend $400 on a new one if I can fix it for $175. Am I correct to say that if there is power getting to the motor than that is a good thing and shows that the problem is the motor and not the board?