FIXED 665.13693N411 Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher not working correctly

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Exactly SD, the wash motor is the problem like Rick mentioned.

Which is your dishwasher model number 665.13693N411 or 665.13893N412

The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

SDbackout

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I just connected the motor (that I have not changed yet) directly to the wall socket 120V and it turns. What do you think?

SDbackout

Premium Member
When I connect the old motor (not replaced yet) directly to the wall 120v it turns. So the motor seams to work. What I am trying to say is the motor still works when connected directly to power.

Last edited:

SDbackout

Premium Member
Re connected the Dishwasher. In the 1 hour cleaning cycle the pump started. I drainned the and tried again and this time it did not kick in. What I am hearing is this ticcking like an old clock; tick, tick, tick, , tick, tick, tick, tick, (then a tock). Is there a timer? Can that be bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Trust us SD its your wash motor that's the problem, its working intermittently.

Replace it and you'll be back in business.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Here's the video to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

SDbackout

Premium Member
Jake / Rick I installed the new one, bin running the 1 hr cycle and interrupting the cycle twice and the pump is coming on and water is being sprayed. So, so far it looks like I'm back to business. (y)(y)(y) I hope this resolution can finally close this thread and help someone else with the same problem. (Not leave you hanging like it did me) I saved my self $300 to $400 bucks cause the unit is a high end unit. Thanks for your encouragement.
There was one negative thing..... so in the excitement of installing the motor........... I forgot to connect the drain pump hose and did not notice for 5 minutes. So I have some drying under the cabinets to do.
If something else comes up I will let you know.
Thanks again and good luck to the next person having to deal with this issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent SD, glad to hear that new wash motor fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

I forgot to connect the drain pump hose and did not notice for 5 minutes. So I have some drying under the cabinets to do.
Don't feel bad, I've done that a few times on all brands in the last 30 years, its more refreshing on a hot day (like today at 113 degrees here right now) and the water soaks you.:)

Jake

SDbackout

Premium Member
20190716_150509.jpg

I found the leak. When I installed the pump, the top of the elbow folded under its self. It is thinner on top making it easy to fold over. Pump works well, too well, water everywhere. ;) If it's not one thing it's another. Well at least the pump works so the washer works.

20190716_150852.jpg

SDbackout

Premium Member
I found another leak. I checked the elbow and it is dry. I did see the white shaft up to the tub wet . :poop: 😭 What seal could I have disrupted? So this is the timer mechanism.

SDbackout

Premium Member
I need a new diverter motor grommet seal. 😡
I was so looking forward to have it working today on my day off. I'll have to go to an appliance parts place.