• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.13752K602 Dishwasher trips circuit breaker at circuit breaker panel

bigebax

Model Number
665.13752K602
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The other day the dishwasher quit working and there was water still in the bottom. I tried ti drain it but there was no power. I checked and the circuit breaker at the panel was tripped. There are only two items on the circuit, the dishwasher and garbage disposal. We hadn't and seldom do operate the garbage disposal. Last night we set the dishwasher and this morning it was off, circuit breaker was tripped and water still in the bottom. I can reset the breaker and turn on the drain function and the machine drains fine. I ran a quick rinse and that ran fine. I started a wash cycle and it seemed to be working. I went out of the room for a few minutes and when I came back it was off and circuit breaker was tripped.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, sounds like you have a short somewhere.

First check your main power connection where it comes in from your house electrical, its in the metal junction box below your dishwasher, take the front bottom access panel off then you should see the junction box.

Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first if its not already off, then open the junction box where the main power line comes in and check your 2 wire nut connections, I have see those loosen over time and thus you get arcing and you get low or no voltage or your breaker tripping to your dishwasher.

If you find that's the issue, I just cut the burnt wiring off and strip back the wire insulation about a 1/2" with a wire stripping tool, then get new wire nuts and wire nut them together, any hardware store will have them.

Let us know what you find.

If that's fine, next check your element to see if that's grounding out.

You will need a multimeter to check continuity on the heating element. When checking for a grounded element put one meter lead on one element terminal and the other meter lead on the dishwasher frame, if your meter moves or changes numbers its grounded.

Also feel the heating element, do you feel bumps or pits on it?

Here's the heating element for your model you can order if needed:
Heating Element WPW10082892

You'll need to pull the dishwasher out first.

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Jake

Bob1859

Jake, I became a member just to compliment you on your very sound/simple advice you gave BigaBax back in 2013 on his dishwasher issue.
I'm glad your forum keeps old solved issues since your feedback help me repair a friend's dishwasher that was caused by hot wire connection
loosened and started arcing to ground with in the main terminal box.
I have attached an image to help show other members the actual result of a loose connect shorting to ground and actually burning two holes
in the terminal box cover.
All I had to do was cut off the damaged connection and reconnected the black/hot wire. Thinking ahead, I did the same to the neutral/ground wire connection.

Again, Thanks much for sharing your expertise; Jake, You The Man!

Bob1859

PS: A note to other forum members; I consider myself a good amerture general technician and fix almost anything, however I seem to forget
the basic KISS idea. In working on this dishwasher I first pulled apart the door to get at the main/complicated electronics and found nothing wrong.
It took me longer to put the door back together than to fix the actual wiring issue that Jake reminder me to do.

Remember to KISS. For the few that may not know, KISS stands for Keep It Simple Stupid

NubiaDishwasherIssue4-2017.jpg

==============================================================================
That's odd, sounds like you have a short somewhere.

First check your main power connection where it comes in from your house electrical, its in the metal junction box below your dishwasher, take the front bottom access panel off then you should see the junction box.

Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first if its not already off, then open the junction box where the main power line comes in and check your 2 wire nut connections, I have see those loosen over time and thus you get arcing and you get low or no voltage or your breaker tripping to your dishwasher.

If you find that's the issue, I just cut the burnt wiring off and strip back the wire insulation about a 1/2" with a wire stripping tool, then get new wire nuts and wire nut them together, any hardware store will have them.

Let us know what you find.

If that's fine, next check your element to see if that's grounding out.

You will need a multimeter to check continuity on the heating element. When checking for a grounded element put one meter lead on one element terminal and the other meter lead on the dishwasher frame, if your meter moves or changes numbers its grounded.

Also feel the heating element, do you feel bumps or pits on it?

Jake

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Bob, good job finding that was the problem to on your friends dishwasher.:)

Thanks for the nice compliments, I'm always truthful in what I find out in the service field, to help others out.:)

Good photo too, see that happen lots when I worked at WARDS and SEARS on my service calls.:)

Jake

woodyhalsey

Bosch dishwasher fixed!

I too would like to thank Jake and others for the good advice, easy to carry out.

I simply found the wires connecting to power (in front of the dishwasher, no need even to pull out the unit), unscrewed the wire nuts, stripped the wires back to get to some clean, straight metal, put the nuts back on and ... bingo! ... no more circuit breaker problems. I would never have thought of that. Thanks again, all.

Woody

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Woody, good job fixing yours too.:)

Jake

Scope666

I just registered so I could say thanks to Jake, you just saved me a lot of time / money. It was instant tripping the breaker. Opened it up, sure enough it had gotten so hot it MELTED its way through the wire nut. Cut a little back, re-stripped, put on a new nut and all is GREAT!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Scope666, good job finding that was the problem on yours too. (y)

Jake