• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.13839K601 Lights are blinking on kenmore ultra wash deluxe quietguard

villemiami

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13839K601
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a dishwasher model 665.13839K601 (kenmore ultra wash deluxe quietguard). "Cancel drain", "normal wash", and "smart wash" lights are blinking. Can you help?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Try this; Make sure the machine is empty and no soap. Open the dishwasher door. Turn off the circuit breaker or remove power from the machine. Close the dishwasher door. Wait 30 seconds. Restore power to the machine.

Press: Heated Dry ➙ Normal ➙ Heated Dry ➙ Normal

Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last ran information from memory and restores defaults; It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle. Calibration cycles begin with a “sensor check” to determine whether the dishwasher has an OWI soil sensor or not. If the control detects an OWI, it forces two rinses to occur prior to Final Rinse (to assure clear water), then calibrates the OWI during the final rinse.

villemiami

Premium Member
I tried. After that, I tried to wash, it started well, but after a few minutes, it stopped and "Normal wash" is blinking.

rickgburton

Staff member
I'll assume the wash motor and drain motor are working if it completed the service diagnostic cycle.

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control board or the keypad. To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power. Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control board (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control board’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Keypad WP8558205

Control Board WPW10084142

villemiami

Premium Member
I tried this and the drain motor ran for 2 minutes. Thank you very much! If you didn't help me, I would have bought the control board for nothing.

tmcnevin

Premium Member
Found P1, but how do you remove it?
Wiggle it off? Slide a screwdriver under it?
It looks like the sort of thing you can easily destroy if you don't know what you're doing.

rickgburton

Staff member
Wiggle it off. Make sure there aren’t clips on the side holding it on. It should just pull off without too much force. Try not to break it or it’s game over.

tmcnevin

Premium Member
So in effect, it should wiggle off straight up, 90°, from the board to which it is attached, and don't pry it with a screwdriver.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Click this part link:
Control Board WPW10084142

Then watch the video, it shows you how to wiggle the ribbon cable off from P1 at the control board.:)

Jake

tmcnevin

Premium Member
Watched the video, wiggled it off, did the drill, drain motor ran, put it all back together. The unit started and ran normally.

Thank you very much!

You learn something every day.